Grid editing

Sophist

I am just starting a new Fabrik project using Joomla's new custom user fields.

So I will define some user fields.

Then I want to present a grid of input boxes where the columns are the fields and the rows are the users. Obviously some users will not have values for some fields.

Then I want to type values into the fields, and when user clicks Save to update existing values and insert new values into the prefix_fields_values table.

Let's assume that I can create a mySQL View to create the list of custom fields without having to create this using fabrik lists and joins etc, and import this view, the users table and the fields_values table into fabrik as lists.

Does fabrik then have the functionality to create the grid using the three lists as rows, columns and values?

(Hope I have explained this clearly?)

Just in case I wasn't clear, the values of all custom fields are stored in a single column in the prefix_fields_values table with foreign keys to the user record and the field definition. They are not stored in individual columns of a table.

If I cannot do it this way, I guess I can do it the old fashioned way using a traditional repeat group table and display the values in a sidebar module in some fashion.

I'm just starting to look at that stuff, as part of the 4.0 work. So I can't really answer your question yet.

-- hugh

I used to use the Inline List plugin - but it was not installed on my new site with F3.8. And I read a forum post that said it was unreliable.

Is this the case? And is this why it will be fixed in 4.0?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back