How can I remove the Table Label/name from browser page title?

Only just saw this.

I think we only display the form's label in the page title if you are using a menu item (usually for the list), and haven't specified anything in "Browser Page Title" ("Page Display" tab of the menu item).

So set that Browser Page Title in the menu item to something, and we'll use that.

-- hugh

is there a way to tell it to use the joomla default page title? my site shows 'site name - something' or 'something - site name' (depending on the joomla setting for 'site name in page titles' on the configuration page under SEO settings) for every page EXCEPT ones that are a fabrik menu item. it would be really nice for fabrik to use the joomla settings and show 'site name - label' if joomla is set that way or 'label - site name' if set that way or just label if the joomla 'site name in page titles' is set to 'no'.

i do appreciate the work around, but i have fabrik forms and lists on about 40 menu items, so i would prefer to not have to go into 40 menu items (times my 25 locations) and change it to add their website name... in there.

I'm not at my PC. I think this is done at the beginning of the list template. So maybe you can fix it there.

Gesendet mit Tapatalk

that would be a perfect solution, but i didn't see a <title> tag there. i think it's in the menu 'plugin(?)' when you pick fabrik as the menu type.

Yeah, unfortunately it's not done in the template, it done in the view. The display() method in the base view calls our view's setTitle(), which calls the JDocument setTitle().

And of course the problem with changing the way we do it to what you are requesting is that it'll then change it for everyone, and I can guarrantee that there will be people who want it to stay the way it is.

So ... I guess the only way to do this is add YAFO (Yet Another Option), and the question then becomes where to put it. We can't put it in the "Page Display" tab in the menu settings, because that's not our form, that's J!'s. So it'd have to go either ...

a) in the "Fabrik List Options" and "Fabrik Form Options" tab, for list, form and viz menu items (because a form could be rendered as part of any those menu types). And if I did that, I'd have to default it to the existing behavior. Not fair to everyone else to make them go and set it back to the way it's always behaved, just so you don't have to set it to the "new" behavior. So you'd still be faced with having to modify the settings on all your menus.

... or ...

b) in the global Fabrik config settings, so you have one settings that controls globally whether the browser title is Fabrik specific (for forms, lists, viz, etc), or just uses the J! default.

... or ...

c) both a) and b), ie. have a global default, and a list/form/viz menu specific option which defaults to "Global default".

I'm leaning towards b), which I think is a solution that works for you. You'd only have two toggle one setting on each site.

The ideal solution would be c), but that's three times as much work as b). Although I could do b), then add c) later if anybody really wants it.

-- hugh

Last edited:
thanks for the thought.

A) would work for me too actually. i could change all of the forms and lists etc once in my 'template' and then they would copy over in my promo process to my other sites because the change would reside in the fabrik tables (which i copy as how i move fabrik changes from devl to prod). and of course C) gives the most possibilites for folks to choose which is best for them.

but B) sounds easiest, just OFC (one change), so i would just go with a fabrik-level option.

the option choices could be the same as joomla 'before, after, no or 'joomla' (to just use the joomla setting). and agreed, default = no would give it the same default behaviour and not change it up on folks.

never one to leave well enough alone when perfect is an option, an improvement on that would be to add another field under that in options where the user could type a prefix/suffix that (if typed) would be used instead of the joomla site name part. so if i put in 'Cheesegrit' and selected 'prefix' it would show 'Cheesegrit - Search' on the search form for example. That would hit my usecase perfectly, because the fabrik part on my site is the non-public-facing part. it would allow me to have the longer/SEO rich title on joomla i have now and a more concise internal name on the fabrik parts of my site.

thanks

*and let me know when you're ready for me to pay you to start the visulization update and i'm happy to roll this in there too. fabrik is a huge part of my business and i most likely owe some 'karma' $'s to the 'project'.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back