• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

How to 'add' several records ?

Well, probably you have your primary key element (usually named "id") in the group you're trying to set repeatable, and that won't work, indeed. So, the PK must be in a different, non-repeated group.

I created a new group in the same form, I moved the PK (id) in that group set Repeatable.
Result : i've a new empty table and my app no works any more !

upload_2022-5-20_8-59-35.png

Not entirely sure what exactly you've done... but maybe instead of "moving id to a new, different group" you should have left the id where it is and move the elements you want to be repeatable to a new, different group (all within the same list/form/etc, of course)?
Yes, with repeatable groups new database tables are created. That's necessary and done automatically by Fabrik.

BTW, having repeatable groups allows you to add multiple groups of element values to one and the same record/row in one and the same form. It does not let you add multiple records/rows to a list, if that's what you want. There is no out-of-the-box function for the latter, but you could use e.g. CSV import instead.

Not sure what you mean with
In the 'add' form, I don't find the setup to add several records in one time adding a '+' icon.

Add form = the form to add a record if you click the + button in list view?
Why do you think there's a + button inside this form?

You can use the repeat group feature @lousyfool mentioned to "fake" something like a multi-record add but in this case you need a dummy list and join it with "repeatable" to your list you want to add the records to (so you'll need an adddtional FK/parent_id element in your list)

But if you want to use Fabrik's more sophisticated, not out-of-the-box features you should know what you are doing, how Fabrik is handling one-to-many and many-to-many relations etc (e.g. a Fabrik created repeat group will create a new repeat group table which is needed for a one-to-many relation or you need a list join to do it with your own tables)

BTW:
As you seem to be starting with Fabrik: you've seen the discussion about Fabrik and Joomla4?

Last edited:
Today, I've got a 'List' and when I click on 'Add', it open the 'Add Form' like it :
upload_2022-5-20_17-33-22.png
When I click on 'Ok', the is a new record in my table.

I would like to know if it's possible to add several record in one time like it :
upload_2022-5-20_17-35-9.png

You can use the repeat group feature @lousyfool mentioned to "fake" something like a multi-record add but in this case you need a dummy list and join it with "repeatable" to your list you want to add the records to (so you'll need an adddtional FK/parent_id element in your list)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back