• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Issue after update 3.8.1 joomla and 3.8 fabrik

kouros91

Hi.
After updated joomla and fabrik, i've changed the code on a php event list plugin and i saved it.
Now my code has disappeared from my plugins list. I haven't got this kind of issue before update joomla and fabrik. (attached image before and after saved plugin event code)
I've made a backup before update, but i hesitate to update now. Can you help me ?
Thank you
Nicolas

Attachments

• avant.png
    avant.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 36
  • apres.png
    apres.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
This happens typically if you have updated Joomla and running an old Fabrik version.

If you are on Fabrik3.8: did you clear Joomla and browser cache?

I've cleared Joomla but not my cache browser. I will update again. Must i begin with joomla update or fabrik update ?

Doesn't matter which you do first, although I typically update J!, then Fabrik. It really only matters that if you update J! to a new point release (like 3.7 to 3.8) you also update Fabrik, to avoid the issue with the disappearing plugins.

And of course we strongly recommend that you do an Akeeba backup before updating!

-- hugh

Doesn't matter which you do first, although I typically update J!, then Fabrik. It really only matters that if you update J! to a new point release (like 3.7 to 3.8) you also update Fabrik, to avoid the issue with the disappearing plugins.

And of course we strongly recommend that you do an Akeeba backup before updating!

-- hugh
I've updated Joomla 3.7.5 to 3.8.1 and just after without changing or reading anything I've updated fabrik 3.7 to 3.8. I've deleted update cache Joomla, log off and log on. So I've changed my code on plugin and saved it. When I wanted to read it again there was no code anymore. I wonder what mistake I've made.

Envoy? de mon BLN-L21 en utilisant Tapatalk

Is this the Glyco site in your My Sites?

I'd like to login and take a look.

It'd also be useful to have an ftp account so I can see what you've actually got.

-- hugh

Is this the Glyco site in your My Sites?

I'd like to login and take a look.

It'd also be useful to have an ftp account so I can see what you've actually got.

-- hugh
Yes it 's glyco but not this online version. I use to work in local and when it's OK I upload the site and dB. I' m going to try update again. If issue appears again, I tell you. Is fabrik 3.8 is okay even if I don't update Joomla and stay for now in 3.7.5 version ?

Envoy? de mon BLN-L21 en utilisant Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back