JDate Time Picker

sunnyjey

The New Jdate Picker Element Plugin is really cool ! I have found few minor bugs in it

1. First week day Setting is not Working.
2. 24 Hours Setting is also most likely not working (The default Jdate Picker provides third option of AM/PM)
3. Store Date as / CSV import format : Language strings are missing.
4. How to disable first column of WEEK in PopCalender, as this can be confusing for visitors.

I may be wrong, as this could be limited to my testing environment. Someone please confirm these issues.

Yeah, it's not ready for Prime Time yet, it's very much a work in progress. I committed it so folk could test and give feedback, so thanks for that. I'll go take a look at those issues.

-- hugh

OK, this commit:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/0a201d779844f2ac1d8b03472ea6c966ce6669e8

... (and the one after it which fixed a language string) should fix 2, 3 and 4.

Turns out I can't do anything about 1, as the J! calendar layout automates the first day of week, by getting it from the current language:

Code:
data-firstday="<?php echo JFactory::getLanguage()->getFirstDay(); ?>"

... and provides no way of overriding this.

I may submit a PR at some point on the J! calendar layout and helper to allow this to be overridden.

Or you could override the J! calendar layout yourself, and set it to what you want.

-- hugh

I will check tonight or tomorrow and get back to you.

After yesterday F! Github update, I am facing a strange problem. The Minutes in Date/Time element is getting reset to '00' for New Form in existing Lists. t. I'm not sure but I feel this maybe because of some recent code changes in !F during J!calender. Please have a look.

PS: I have not done any changes in my Fabrik environment.

Try this commit:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/d5122aa41e0b8e90b9804e0e9802f952be794ac8

As you probably noticed, I've changed the time handling in the standard date element. I replaced the old and clunky time picker we built ourselves (about 10 years ago), and now have a choice of much better 3rd party time picker plugins (one a scrolling numbers based one, and one a clock face based one). One of the compromises I had to make is that you can no longer specify the exact time format. as I couldn't find any decent time pickers that allow you to specify an exact format - they only offer 12 and 24 hour, with specific formats (like upper case AM/PM, no lower case, and no stripping of leading 0's on the hour, although I did add that to one of the plugins).

So the "time format" is now generated automatically, depending on whether you select "24 hour" and/or "show seconds". And I'd set "Show seconds" to default to "No", which I think is the issue you ran in to. I've reset the default to "Yes", so date elements you haven't explicitly edited and saved the settings for since the update should now correctly include the seconds.

Test and let me know.

-- hugh

BTW - note that you cannot have a mix of date element types on your form. If you use the new jdate, and you have an original "date_time" element on your form, you'll need to either change it to jdate, or get rid of it.

This is because the two both override the same function in the built in Javascript Date class.

-- hugh

I just updated from Github to test J! Date Picker.

My website is not loading now.

I'm getting following error:

PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/mydomain/public_html/libraries/fabrik/vendor/composer/../ralouphie/getallheaders/src/getallheaders.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/share/pear') in /mydomainpublic_html/libraries/fabrik/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 66

I'll take a look. The AWS (Amazon SDK) library got updated, so there may be a few wrinkles to iron out with S3 uploads, which is the only code that uses that SDK.

-- hugh

After GitHUB update the AWS error is disappeared. But sometime, I am getting error :

Your file was not found It may have been moved or deleted. Err_file_not_found.

So the "time format" is now generated automatically, depending on whether you select "24 hour" and/or "show seconds". And I'd set "Show seconds" to default to "No", which I think is the issue you ran in to. I've reset the default to "Yes", so date elements you haven't explicitly edited and saved the settings for since the update should now correctly include the seconds.

No. I have never used 'Seconds' in Date_Time element. I have updated GitHUB, but still Minutes are getting reset to 12:00AM in default F! date_time element when I submit form.

I have updated GitHUB, but still Minutes are getting reset to 12:00AM in default F! date_time element when I submit form.

Would appreciate if somebody check whether this issue is related to my server or new Fabrik GitHUB update.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back