Joined Lists problem on form

robertjv

Hello,

I created a new menu item (which seems to essentially be a form) based on a join. The correct records are shown. (Yay!)

However the form automatically has the Add button on it. When you click the Add button the fields are shown. I have ensured that fields for list #2 are not shown and only those for list #1 are shown. However when you add a record, it adds a new record to both list #1 and list #2.

I cannot figure out why. Can someone explain what is happening? I want the Add form to only be based on list #1.

Jen

I think you mean a List rather than a form in your first paragraph.

I am unclear how you have "ensured that fields for list #2" as there are several ways to achieve this.

If you go into the Form, on the Groups tab, have you excluded the groups from List 2?

I solved my problem, mainly because i didnt understand the relationship betw list and form. It was literally a new menu item, menu item type is list, selected a list which is a join of two tables. I selected a pre filter to include only the current user records.

I can see all the proper records.

I edited the elements to not show certain ones on this menu because i only care abt the info in table 1 of the join. Table 2 of the join allowed me to select only current user records. Each row has three icons edit view and delete. When i click edit, it brings me to a form that contains all the fields for the two tables. I only want the fields from table 1 avail to edit. I go to forms then groups and there are no groups to select. The current groups bar says zero and when i click on it it gives me both tables so i click the one i want and hit save. It comes back zero again.

If you don't want to use the join, the easiest thing to do is to create a new List on the same table. It should autopopulate the elements with copies of existing. I don't think it adds the join automatically, but if it does, just delete it.

I need the join on the page that shows the list, but on the linked page that shows the form, i don't want the join. I understand that every form should have a tab that says groups. I don't understand why this one has no groups associated with this form even though it clearly has data fields on it and shows data from two separate tables. I also don't understand why I can click that bar that says zero, bring up the tables in the join, select one of them or all of them, hit save, and the page says zero groups again. I don't even think that would work anyways, because I remember when I did that, it messed up the original page and the records were unfiltered on the original list page.

I think my problem is solved if I can make that edit icon link to a different form which is based only on the one of the tables.

I don't know how else to explain it.

Please post screen shots of your Form's Groups tab and of your Fabrik Groups list so that we can see what you are saying about the form having no groups associated (as this sounds wrong).

I literally just gave up and left it for a few days, just logged in now and see none of the problems i was describing and even the forms each have groups assigned.

Its like when you bring your car into the mechanic.....

But literally, both boxes were one line high and the bottom one said '0 groups'. Now its normal. I very much appreciate you sticking with it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back