juser and "This email address is already registered"

If I use CB for registration of new users (ie. these users have no fabrik record), when I navigate to my fabrik form I can prepopulate some important fields, such as email and userid with data from the J! users table (using {$my->id} etc.... as defaults) but since this user doesn't have a fabrik record I get an error on validation - this email address already registered - which I assume is because juser is trying to create a 'new' record and not an 'edit'.

So I guess my question... is there a way to have an existing user in the jos_users table create a new record on submission in my fabrik form AND make use juser sync?

If not, my worry is that a user may update their personal information on the CB profile form and this information will not synchronize with the fabrik form when they go back to it.

Any info, much appreciated.

Shawn

Hmmm. That would require a plugin to upsert the data in the Fabrik table when CB (or Joomla, I guess) creates a user. The assumption in Fabrik / juser is that you create your users exclusively through Fabrik, not J! or CB (or JomSocial, etc).

If you are interested in funding development of that feature, let me know.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back