• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

List Module pre-filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

keianrad

There is a task list and I need to show tasks based on current day and week then I used list module and I used the codes listed below in pre-filter but they don't work correct and it shows wrong tasks.

Daily Tasks:
Code:
Element: Date
Condition: GREATER THAN
Value: NOW()- INTERVAL 1 DAY
Type: No quotes
Access: Public

Week Tasks:
Code:
Value: NOW()- INTERVAL 1 WEEK

Thank you for your help.

I'm trying to login to the backend of the site, but there seems to be an additional password access control that wasn't there before.

-- hugh

Looks like the date part is probably working, but you have a prefilter on those modules which is checking for $q->office_id, which winds up with this:

Code:
WHERE ( ( app_tasks.office_id = '{$q->office_id}' OR app_tasks.assign_to = '799')

... so the placeholder isn't getting set up, because this list doesn't have the prequery on it that sets it up.

You'll need to add a prequery to this list (List settings, Data tab, Filters, at the bottom) so it does the same as whichever list you copied those pre-filters from.

Note that the prequery has to be done on the list itself, it can't be overridden in the module settings.

-- hugh

I deleted all the pre-filters in the list and module and used only a prefilter listed below, but it doesn't work. When I use only "NOW()" as value in prefilter, it works and shows all the task that have date after the current date but when I use "NOW()- INTERVAL 1 DAY" it shows some past tasks and all future tasks. It seems that "- INTERVAL 1 DAY" doesn't work properly.

Code:

Last edited:
I'm looking at the /en/home page, with the "Today" module on it, and I'm not sure what the issue is?

I see 11 events, from 2017-08-16 (yesterday) onwards. If I display the list by itself, using ?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=22, so with no filters, I see 35 events, with the same 11 from the 16th onwards. So it looks like the module is correctly filtering for "> 1 day old".

Are you trying to show ONLY tasks for "today"? So you aren't expecting to the the dates in the future? If so, that pre-filter won't do that, you are asking it to show you all dates more recent than one day ago, which includes dates in the future.

If you want to pre-filter for a range, you'll have to use two pre-filters, with the second one "grouped to previous", joined by AND, something like ...

AND
Condition: LESS THAN
Value: NOW() + INTERVAL 1 DAY

Oh, and there is a specific "TODAY" condition you can use as a prefilter (no need to provide a 'value'), which will generate this as the WHERE clause:

(date_test.dash_date >= CURDATE() AND date_test.dash_date < CURDATE() + INTERVAL 1 DAY)

So you could try using that instead of creating your own logic for "today".

-- hugh

Thank you Hugh, I used "Today" as condition in module pre-filter for Today's tasks and the "Earlier this year" for delayed Tasks but they don't work properly.
There is a task for 08/19/2017 (today) that it doesn't show in the Today's Tasks and it shows in the Delayed Tasks!
fabrikar - date.jpg

So does it look like a TZ issue? I other words is the time on the one showing in the wrong place within the TZ difference?

What are you storing the dates as - local or UTC?

-- hugh

OK, yes, looking at our code, we always do this:

Code:
            case 'today':
                $query = ' (' . $key . ' >= CURDATE() AND ' . $key . ' < CURDATE() + INTERVAL 1 DAY) ';
                break;

... but to properly do "today" we'd have to TZ offset the dates if the date element is set to "Store as UTC".

I'm looking at that now.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back