• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

List Module: show an extra "generated" column with data-dependant link to email-form

isiway

Hi,

I have a list which filters entries where I want to add a item-dependant link to an email-form for that specific item.

The list shows the data:

ID DESCRIPTION
1 Item ABC
2 Item DEF

but I want to show

ID DESCRIPTION LINK to FORM
Item ABC Link1
2 Item DEF Link2

WHERE Link to FORM is f.e.
index.php?option=com_rsform&view=rsform&formId=5&itemID=1&itemDESCRIPTION =Item ABC

so the data of the 3.column is generated out of the other data of the row. So the 3.rd column is not an element, it is just generated.

How and where can I do that?
Do I change a template? Where and how?
OR can I define in gerneal an element which is automatically generated by the data of the other elements?

Thank you!

Use the 'link' list plugin.

If you've done a github update recently, it'll be there, you just need to discover it in J!. If not, you'll need to install the plugin, get it from the downloads area.

You can then use normasl element placeholders to create your links, like &itemDESCRIPTION={yourtable___description}, or whatever the full element name for that is.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

I installed the plugin but I am not sure, what exactly I have to do now? Please describe a little but more basic:

How and where can I do that?
Do I change a template? Where and how? How do I show the link?
A little bit more example code would be very much appreciated!

Thank you and kind regards,
Carola

List settings, plugins, add a 'link' plugin, specify the URL you want, using the placeholder I described to get the id. The placeholder will be the full name of the element whose data you want to use in the link, surrounded by curly braces.

Make sure you enabled the plugin.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Hi Hugh,

progress! I saw a link in my list :)
BUT the filter does not work anymore...

So when I activate the plugin, clicking the button "Search" does not work anymore, no reaction at all.
In the list in Details/ Filter/ Activate filter I switched from "Send Button" to "at change" with no effect, the filtering doesnt work anymore.

Any clues?

Thanks!

Hi Hugh,
friendly bump. I updated everything to Fabrik 3.8 with no effect.
The moment I publish the plugin in the list, the filter in the frontend is NOT working anymore! No reaction at all, when clicking the button "SEARCH".
I tried to switch to activate "when changing", that didnt help. Now it is back to activate "when clicking ".

I urgently need your assistance, please help, I have no problem when you charge your help!

Kind regards,
Carola

Hi Hugh,

thanks for getting back so prompt!
I wanted to change the site data in my profil, but I cant find an edit button? The data is not correct anymore...
How can I change the data or how can I send you the secret data?

Thanks!

Thank you very much, I set up the site under "my sites", there is only one.

To answer Hughs questions:
The list is #28 "Klebstoff-Datenbank (nur Internet, KS-Berater) DE", there you can see the deactivated plugin (since when activated the filters do not work anymore).

The link for the frontend-page with the problem I provided in the notes of "my site", since it is a staging site.

GOAL for 2 years:
  • On this page you choose two materials (1+2) you want to glue to eachother and
  • you get a list of suitable glues.

Try material 1 "ABS" and material 2 "Aluminium", you the get 28 suggestions.
When the 28 results are listed every row should show a link to the contact form with the ID of the chosen glue as a parameter in a new last column.

When you hopefully fixed it I would appreciate if you let me know what you did, since I have to duplicate your corrections afterwards on the live-site.

Thank you SO MUCH , now I am having hope that my problems might me fixed.

Kind regards,
Carola

PS: By the way this is the same page where I have the problem with "empty" dropdown values for the first Elements "Material 1" and "Material 2", right before the entry ABS.

Ah hah.

Looks like the JS files were missing from the installer manifest, so didn't get installed when you installed the plugin ZIP. I've fixed it in github, so in the next release, the ZIP will install properly.

If you unzip that plugin install file ...

http://fabrikar.com/download/form/36/2939-list-link

... and manually copy the link.js and link-min.js files up to ./plugins/fabrik_list/link on your server, it should work.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,
thanks a lot! After installing the missing files I now can set a link showing in the last column, that is great!

BUT I can ONLY see the icon/link
, when I assign in

EDIT LIST, Access at least ONE of the settings "View records" or "Edit records" ..... to PUBLIC (which I dont want).
Or in other words, when only "View list" is set to public, the link plugin is NOT shown.

What can I do?
Thanks!

I'm working on a couple of similar issues with the link plugin. Another issue is that if there's no checkboxes, it won't work either (although that's not specific to the link plugin).

I'll try and get it resolved as soon as I can.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,
thanks for the reply. Since we have been waiting for this feature for so long, we can wait a little bit longer.
How will we know when it is working?

Kind regards,
Carola

Check the commit history over there >>>, and watch for changes to the ./plugins/fabrik_list/link files.

And periodically remind me on this thread, to keep it on my radar.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back