List with many fields not displaying

Hi,

Does Fabrik have a limit on the number of fields that can be added to a table in order for it to work well. I have a table with 32 fields grouped in to 5 groups in Fabrik. The table is receiving data from the Form perfect but when it comes to displaying the data in the list, it take so long and the data does not display instead this error is displayed.
"Gateway Timeout
The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application."

I know its a field thing because if I remove/unpublished a number of fields then the list displays well with the data populated from the from. I have seen this now with 2 lists both of them are large lists but the weird thing is that I have an even larger table and that is displaying okay though that one has no groups.

Please help

regards
Simon

Thanks start point. I tried to do that but I still have the same problem I actually now have 7 of the 32 fields that I have marked to be included in the list but still the list doesn't display. For it to display I have to unpublish some fields which are key. The other weird thing is that it only works when I unpublish some fields in a specific group but does not work if I unpublish in other groups

Which elements do you unpublish to get it working?
Are they filter elements? If yes, what is "Filter data" set to?

The element is Branch number which is a cascadingdropdown element linked to changes in another element "Bank Name" which is s dropdown element

I have not use any of these elements to filter the list if that is what you mean by "filter element"

It's your banks / branches setup. You are trying to use one table, "banks_and_branches". That won't work.

You need two separate, "normalized" tables:

bank:
id (use this as the 'value') of the join
bank_name (use this as the 'label' of the join)

branches:
id (use this as the 'value' of the CDD)
branch_name (use this as the 'label' of the CDD)
bank_id (use this as the FK (foreign key) for the join, must be a foreign key which point to the 'id' of the bank)

So eaxmple records might be...

bank:
id, bank_name
1, Bank of Transylvania
2, The People's Popular Bank

branches:
id, branch_name, bank_id
1, BoT Branch One, 1
2, BoT Branch Two, 1
3, TPPB Branch One, 2
4, TPPB Branch Two, 2

-- hugh