load custom template for form and details view in list menu item problem

mahmoodee

Hello,
create two menu items for the same list will allow to change the list templates but they will both still point to the same default form templates.
I need to use different form template for each list menu item
I read this old text for Troester
"setting template in listmenu item will override the form template settings (form + details view set to mint): if you select bluesky list template fabrik will also use bluesky form template (if the name of the list template doesn't exist as form template default is used)."

so, I try this and create list template called "test" and form template called "test" an details view template called "test" . Now the list load list "test" template but not load form "test" template and details view "test" template , it load the default template for form and detail view .
Is this a bug ? How I can solve this problem?
thank you

I read this old text for Troester
"setting template in listmenu item will override the form template settings (form + details view set to mint): if you select bluesky list template fabrik will also use bluesky form template (if the name of the list template doesn't exist as form template default is used)."
This was an old Fabrik version and I think it was a bug.
List and form and details templates are totally different, not linked via name.

This was an old Fabrik version and I think it was a bug.
List and form and details templates are totally different, not linked via name.

so , How I can select different form an details template for list item menu?
Now if I create list menu item and select custom template it work for list but it call the the default form and details view template , I need to call a custom templatefor form and detail
Is there any way ?

Up till now, no, there wasn't a way of specifying a custom form / details template to use with a list menu item. However, that seems like a useful thing to be able to do, so I added it:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/9b5d5b65447a0c5fa2f0baf047eaed26063addf7

NOTE that the restriction on this is that you'll have to have a custom form and a details template of the same name. I can't provide both settings, as they share the same param name ('fabriktemplate') in the code.

You'll need to do a full github update.

-- hugh

This is an excellent addition to Fabrik, it will save a lot of time, I was copying
list multiple times each time I want to use a custom template for form and details .
And it would be more wonderful if added to the module and content plugin .
I will update and try the new addition .
thank you

I think you could probably do it now with the content plugin, by specifying both layout and fabriklayout ...

{fabrik view=list listid=123 layout=your-custom-list-layout fabriklayout=your-custom-form-layout}

I haven't tested that, but I'm about 88.376% sure it'll work.

If you'd like to take out a Standard support sub for a month or two, I'd be happy to add it to the module.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back