Looking for help with existing application

katenz

Hi,
I have an application on my website written in Fabrik by a contractor. Some functionality is not working as is should and rather than learn Fabrik from scratch myself, I'd like to find a freelancer who can help me. Is there anyone out there doing this?

Regards
Kate

Depending how much work is involved, we (Fabrik) can handle stuff like that.

Can you give some details?

-- hugh

Sure, the problem is with displaying a list using filters and grouping. Also uploading via csv file isn't working. The application is behind a paywall and I don't want to put all the details out for all to see so whats the best way to give you access?

Thank you, I've put in the details. I'm happy to pay for the work but would like an idea of how much it's likely to be if more than a few hours.

Regards
Kate

OK, I've logged in. This looks familiar, I think whoever put this together was a subscriber a while back, and I vaguely recall helping with some issues.

If you can point me at the specific issues (list names and/or ID's, front end URL's, steps to reproduce issues, etc) I can give you an estimate. If you don't want to give full URL's, just omit the hostname.

-- hugh

Thanks, there are a couple of issues I know about...
Basically it's an application for small farmers to keep details of their livestock. Animals are usually in mobs (herds/flocks/whatever) and have any events and treatments noted. Animals move from one mob to another.

So, if you log in with the front end user details I've supplied in my-sites you can use the menu to look at the animal list. There is an option to group by various fields. If you choose the option to group by current mob, the result should be that all animals in one mob are listed together but this is not what is happening. It is grouping them using a combination of all previous mobs. See this screen shot.

The second problem: When you group the animals by current mob there are 29 animals that have no current or previous mobs and are listed first. These animals need to be assigned to a mob. Select all the animals using the check boxes and choose 'Move to different mob' from the drop-down list in the 'Actions' button (see screen shot here) You are presented with a screen where you choose the mob (in this case LosRejectos) but the animals aren't actually moved to that mob. Nothing seems to happen.

I hope this makes sense...if not please let me know.

Hey, sorry, I've just gotten back from a week's much needed vacation, busy catching up.

I'll take a quick look now.

I definitely recognize this site, I recall helping someone build it a while back. The name 'Hannah' comes to mind?

-- hugh

OK, the first issue, with the grouping, is that the element you are grouping on, app_mob_animal___mob, is in a repeated, joined group. So it's from another table, which has a one-to-many relationship. So Fabrik is grouping it accordingly ... if an animal has 3 entries in app_mob_animal, then it's grouping by those 3 entries.

To group by "current mob", you'd need to have a single field on the main table, which specifies the single "current" mob.

-- hugh

How is the "current" mob assigned? Is it something you do from the animals form?

In other words, when an animal moves from one mod to another, what is the workflow?

Seems to me like you'd need to have a separate element on the main form (animals) which is a simple database join element to the mobs table, which you use to designate the current one, and the "history" (the animals_mobs table) is a separate "thing".

-- hugh

the animal can be moved from mob to mob in a number of ways - from the animal form, the animal list (although that's not working as detailed above) or from the mob form.

I just looked at the Animal form, and don't see an obvious way to change it? There's a simple field called 'mob', but that doesn't seem to do anything.

We probably need to arrange a Skype session, where you can walk me through the work flow, and I can give you a much better estimate of what work needs doing.

-- hugh

Thanks, I'm in NZ, I don't know where you're based so can't suggest a time. Can you suggest a time to talk?

I'm in the US, on CST (GMT-5). Evenings work best for me ... it's 10pm here now, looks like it's 3pm your time. So around this time, mid afternoon your time, works for me.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back