Multiple Tabs...

HyperOsmar

Dear Team,

First, I apologize for my English which is very poor, so I'm using Google Translator. I really need your help.

1. How do I create tabs within a form? I am creating a registration form for employees. Personal data in the first tab, the second data professional and third academic data, and that as we fill tab, enable the next.
  2. How do I create a mask? In the Phone field, for example, the user enters only numbers and the mask to automatically format the model XX-XXXX-XXXX.
  3. No way to create a field that is as complete and allow other data to be added? For example, only one form appears:
field1​
field2​
field3​
field4​
Add
field1​
field2​
field3​
field4​
Add
field1​
field2​
field3​
field4​
Add...​

Can I get your help?

I thank you all ...

Osmar

Actually, with a little trick there IS support for tabbed forms.

Fabrik 3.1rc2 adds support for tabbed details view but not for (editable) forms. I was struggling with the same earlier today and read this post in my search for an answer. After not finding anything useful I decided to do a bit of experimenting with creating my own bootstrap_tabs template for forms. Turns out you don't have to do any editing, but you'll need FTP access to your web environment:
  1. Copy the folder /components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl/bootstrap_tabs to /components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/bootstrap_tabs using your favourite FTP client.
  2. In Fabrik (back end), divide the elements into groups; one group for each tab, e.g. a group Personal (containing all the elements for that tab), a group Professional (containing all elements for that tab), etcetera. If you have a lot of elements this might be a bit time consuming because you cannot move multiple elements at once (might be a nice feature request for future versions); you'll have to edit each element individually (it's in the element's Details tab).
  3. Go to the form's Layout tab and select the newly copied bootstrap_tabs template as the Form template. Repeat for the Details template if you wish (which was already an option). If the bootstrap_tabs template doesn't show up as a Form template, you might have to refresh the page or, worst case, logout/login again.
  4. Go to the form's Groups tab and select/deselect any groups that you want to show. Each group will show as a tab in the front end.
This, at least, is how it works for me. You'll need a Bootstrap enabled Joomla templateto make it work though. Works with the default Protostar template of Joomla 3.2

I've added an image of the result, and I can produce a working example if you wish with a demo login so you can see how it's done.

Good luck!

Bas.

P.S. Keep in mind that after a Fabrik update on your site, you'll probably have to do step 1 again if the bootstrap_tabs template has not yet been added to the Form templates.

EDIT: I just now realise I was posting in the Fabrik 3.0.x forum rather than the 3.1.x forum as I thought. So, this post might not apply here. My apologies.

Attachments

• form_tabs_in_fabrik.jpg
    form_tabs_in_fabrik.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 552
Fabrik3.1:
/form/bootstrap_tabs is missing in 3.1RC2 download, but it's included in GitHub

Tabs in 3.0: it's the same as bwientjes is describing
create different groups in your form (personal date, professional..), don't set pagebreaks, put your elements in these groups as you need.

Fabrik3.0: edit form settings, "Layout", select "Tabs" template for "Template" and "Details view"

2. this can be done with a php validation http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...s/#installing-and-enabling-additional-plugins

3. in dropdown and database join elements you can enable "Front end additions"

bwientjes, good afternoon (at least here in Brazil) ... laughs ...

I understood your tip and thank ... From what I could observe, it seems that is not difficult, but the hint of ihavealegohead was enough for the solution of my problem, it worked perfectly, but noted its left tip for future trials. Thanks also to the observation made by Troester.

But I still have trouble with item 3, where I want that when the user types in the type "field" just the numbers, the system automatically correct for pre-defined mask: XXX.XXX.XXX-XX

Can anyone help me?

Congratulations to all ...

Osmar

Google Translator

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back