• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Nested form with database join

verticalwater

I created 2 test lists.
In the test1 lists there is a database join to a second list (Test2).
As you can see and try on http://www.verticalwater.it/component/fabrik/form/15/

If you insert date and Friend in Test1 (selecting from dropdown box) all is ok.
If the friend is not present, I can add it (+ button), but when I come back to Test1 form, I'm not able to Save the record.
It seems like nothing appens.
You can try if you want.
Can you tell me what's wrong? Thanks....

Just tested on your site.
It's saving fine...

What do you expect to see after "Save"?
After Save the form is redirecting to where you did come from.
So if you are directly calling an empty form (as with your link) it's redirecting you to a new empty form.
You must add a redirect form plugin or you can start from the LIST (http://www.verticalwater.it/component/fabrik/list/15/) and then use the Add button.

BTW: Did you add https://github.com/Fabrik/bootstrap3-jlayouts to your purity_iii Joomla template?

Simply, it's not saving......
Now I realized that on Google Chrome is ok, but not using Internet Explorer (vers. 11.0.9600.18230).
What's the difference?

Yes! I add bottstrap3-jlayouts to my purity_iii Joomla template and all is fine now.... Thanks!

Works OK for me from both Edge and IE 11 on Windows 10 - those last three rows (id's 8, 9 and 10) were my tests.

However, your site is throwing an error on trying to load any of our CSS files - check the console in developer tools. So I strongly suspect you have some server side issues which could be affecting things.

-- hugh

I can replicate with your link with IE11 on Windows7.
It's throwing JS error "Die Eigenschaft "value" eines undefinierten oder Nullverweises kann nicht abgerufen werden" in date-min.js
Can you enable Debug= JS in Fabrik options?

Can you disable the date-time element in your form16(test2) and see if this helps?

Debug = JS enabled.
date-time element in test2 disabled.
With date-time element disabled all is fine, I can save even in IE11 on Windows 7.

Are you still talking about the URL in your first post?

I just tried that from IE7 with IE11, and it seems to work fine.

-- hugh

As wrote by troester the problem is with IE 11 and Windows 7.
And it is related to the presence of date-time element: without is ok.
Thanks.

Right, and I loaded up a Windows 7 virtual machine in VirtualBox, with IE11, and tried that form you gave the URL to, and it works.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I agree that usually it works, but there is a case where it doesn't works.
Please, go to:
http://www.verticalwater.it/component/fabrik/form/15/
Nothing in date
Nothing in "Friend"
Click + to add a new "Friend 2 with date"
In test3 add what you want
Click "save"
Ok on record added
Click "save" on the form 15 (Test1): this save doesn't works in IE 11.

If I try, i.e., to select a "Friend 2" from the list always is ok. The problem is the hide date as element in test3.
Many thanks!

OK, yup, I can duplicate that. No clue what's happening, though. Somehow the DOM is getting modifed in IE11, but not in any other browser. It's take a while to track down.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back