• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

New List Doesn't Show Site Database Tables

talkinggoat

I am trying to create a dropdown list of Joomla users for someone to select, when creating or editing a record, on a form. The problem I'm having is, I have created a records database, to store everything entered, that is separate from my Joomla database. I can't seem to add the Users (Fabrik) group into the form I'm creating. I am guessing it's because I'm trying to draw User info from the Joomla database and join it in a form that uses another database and they are different databases. Whenever I try to use join, it only shows the tables from the database the forum's list belongs to. Is it possible for join to bring together data from two databases?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, no. At this point, it's a Fabrik limitation: you can't join data tables belonging to different databases.
I guess a solution would be to put a replication process in place that would sync the concerned tables between the 2 databases, but i never tried to implement this.

The constraint JF refers to is that Fabrik relies on SQL JOIN to join tables and has no functionality to run two or more queries and then merge the results if the tables to be joined are in separate databases.

In this case, you may be able to avoid SQL joins by using a dropdown element (not databasejoin) with an Eval Populate to get the list of users.

I haven't tried this, but since it doesn't know what is in the eval, I can't see how it can know a join would be needed - so it might well work.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back