Optimizing a function on my list.[Solved]

m6xmed5

I need an element in list A that links to a record in list B based on a multiselect dropdown element that matches
a value selected by the user on the form for list A.

I have managed to do it by creating a calc element that calculates the row id from list b using a query, then using a database join element to display the link.

The problem is, when I set ajax calc to yes the cpu on the server gets maxed out when a user looks at the list.
If I set the calc element to only calc on save I need to edit and save the record before a value can get returned.

I'm looking at another way to do it using form php plugin and a field element to display the link.

I set the query in the form php plugin that returns the id for the row in list B.
But I want to use a different value in that recond as the label and I want to also link to the corresponding record in list B from list view in list A.

Anyone know of a way round this? I'm not sure if I can use eval'd php in the field element to do this as the value has already been set in the database after the onafterprocess query has been run.

Any ideas?

I don't know why I failed to realize this, but just getting the php onafterprocess query to fill the value for the database join element is the solution.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back