• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Podcast

cheesegrits

Support Gopher
Just in case anyone is interested, I ported forward a couple of tweaks to our RSS feed mechanism from 2.x to 3.x yesterday, which now make it possible to podcast a list feed.

Basically, any file upload element enabled in an RSS feed now adds the "enclosure" tag in the RSS, so it can be read by any podcast client.

So the simplest case of a podcast list is just a field element ("description") and an upload element, with your audio or video file. Oh, and the usual PK element, of course.

Here's a quick Jing video showing that in practise. In this example I added a "title" field as well. Note that iTunes simply concatenates all text fields into a single "description".

NOTE - I haven't as yet added the iTunes specific namespace tags to allow Fabrik list feeds to be added to the iTunes store itself - I'm working on that.

ALSO NOTE - at the moment, I'm only adding the 'enclosure' for MIME types which iTunes recognizes, which are:

.mp3 audio/mpeg
.m4a audio/x-m4a
.mp4 video/mp4
.m4v video/x-m4v
.mov video/quicktime
.pdf application/pdf
.epub document/x-epub

http://screencast.com/t/iB5V6OWlC8Qf

-- hugh

update?

Just curious - has there been an update on this post? I am interested in mapping out the other elements for Itunes.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back