• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Possible plugin conflict between fileupload and consent

xycofryx

Joomla: 3.8.6
Fabrik: 3.8.1

I have observe a possible conflict between "fileupload" element plugin and new "consent" form plugin. Neither of the plugin shows itself to the user if used both. Can you confirm this one?

The 'consent' plugin is still under construction. I'll take a look, but don't advise using 'consent' in production yet.

-- hugh

The plugin is now into the master repo now. Note that it's still somewhat a work in progress and some issues remain with Yootheme Pro templates.

@xycofryx Just to clear up the repo thing ... this plugin was written by JFQ and originally called GDPR, which he is contributing to the Fabrik project, and I helped him with it. The repo you found is JFQ's personal repo, not the official Fabrik one. And you found it before I added it to the main Fabrik one.

Going forward, we'll be using the main Fabrik one, although JFQ will continue to work on it and help maintain it.

-- hugh

Thank you for letting me know. BTW I'm really excited to use that plugin, but for now I just have to resort to the checkbox plugin to do the consent for privacy policy. Thanks again in advance and for the advancement of the Fabrik community.

I can't replicate any issues with 'consent' and 'fileupload'.

Do you have a test page I can look at?

If you do a full github update (see wiki), you'll get the latest 'consent' code from the Fabrik repo.

-- hugh

Fabrik 3.8.1
Joomla 3.8.7 and 3.8.6

Error on chrome console:

VM27643:8 Uncaught Error: Script error for: form/consent/consent-min
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror
at C (eval at <anonymous> (jquery.min.js?e212bc2f35257d69ac340af613846dcd:2), <anonymous>:8:252)
at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptError (eval at <anonymous> (jquery.min.js?e212bc2f35257d69ac340af613846dcd:2), <anonymous>:29:514)

index.php

Attachments

• screencapture-localhost-dops-clients-dashboard-client-registration-2018-04-19-12_44_56.png
    screencapture-localhost-dops-clients-dashboard-client-registration-2018-04-19-12_44_56.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 14
Hi.
I've tested locally and so far I can't reproduce the issue, that is my AJAX fileupload are working as expected.
What are the grey tags in the "Means of verification" box?
Also, you have a checkbox with terms and conditions. Is that a checkbox in your form? If yes, you don't actually need it, the consent plugin goes automatically at the end of the form, with its own checkbox and records consent in its own table, not the form's.
In my tests, the Captcha comes before the plugin.
Maybe you have an URL where I can have a look?

Also, as a side note, you should consider encrypting those data in the database since you are collecting sensitive informations (LGBT). You have an option in the element settings, in the "Access" tab to encrypt the data. Note that it is not working with all element, like probably the radio button element, but at least the name, email, ... would be unreadable.

Thank you @jfquestiaux Yup it works as expected:

1) The gray tags are valid ID's and documents used for user verification.
2) Yup I have it remove already.
3) Captcha first before the consent.
4) The Website is due to be online for alpha next month, for now it on my laptop for the mean time. I'll send you the link.
5) Yup duly noted on the encryption of sensitive information :)

Great to hear it's working.
About the grey tabs, I was wondering how you set them up. With a display element? Or directly in the template? (same with the color tabs under the password element).

It can be applied to all elements theoritically.

1) Choose an element then go to Publishing > Tips > Tip text
2) Pick the form in which your element belongs and in the tab called options pick Tip Location set to below.
3) Enjoy!

#Edit - I forgot to mention I'm using Purity III as a template that comes with Bootstrap 3, as for the tags... it's a label class from bootstrap

<span class="label label-default">Minimum Password:8</div>

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back