Pre filter googlemap viz

The same one,
I figured that since I don't have elements in places table to represent user location and search range (and doesn't make sense to have them) I could "fake" them creating another list which doesn't store values in the db (except the default values) but can be modified by each user at his/her will to tweak the query.
This was just a thought, maybe is impossible to do this, or you already have a better option to suggest

thank you
We do have a radius search list plugin, which provides similar features. The problem is combining anything else with the "click on a calendar entry" thing.

Have a play with the radius plug in, see if it gives you any ideas.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, I installed it but I have some issue:
it does not seem to work as expected and I have some strange layout with overlapping popups on both chrome and firefox.
This plugin may be part of the answer though, if this works and there is a way to save the event_id to append it on filter updates it should be almost done.

Thank you

Attachments

• 2017-11-26 02_31_24fabrik Radius.png
    2017-11-26 02_31_24fabrik Radius.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 37
Switch to Protostar, or get something like Helix 3, or Gantry Hydrogen, or JA Purity III.

Fabrik needs a Bootstrap template. Beez3 isn't Bootstrap.

-- hugh

I'm sorry I didn't know that, thank you.

I tried with Protostar, Helix 3 and Purity III , unfortunately I still have some issues with each one.
Should I do something specific from J! control panel after uploading the files included in bootstrap3 folder in /templates/TEMPLATENAME/html/layouts/com_fabrik?
I tried clearing J cache, and used the right button in chrome debug mode to refresh page while clearing browser's cache.
I tried with Chrome and Firefox, I'd say there was no difference.

This is a description of the issues I have with purity 3, I assumed this template should be working since it's the one against which the bs3 overrides were tested, but I have pretty much the same behaviour with the other templates:

Since the radius search is published on the places list I can see 2 search radius filters on the same page:

a) related to the visualization:
on Search button press it opens a "visually correct" popup where the only thing that works is geolocation (it finds the location in the minimap) but the slider and the GO button are frozen. If I close the popup (using the small x, cancel is not working) I am sent back to index.php#.

b) related to the list, under Filter button:
On Search button press it opens an empty popup, and the filter controls are placed in the Search area.
The slider slides, and it does something when I press GO, but it doesn't really seems to filter data(see below). moreover there are 2 GO buttons which are not really user friendly.

Pressing the first GO I can see that it's missing lat value from the url and no results are shown (I tried adding the lat value by hand: it updates the page/map, but it doesn't change the results. If there is supposed to be a &range=X parameter in the url it's missing too, and adding it doesn't seem to change anything)

Pressing the second GO lat parameter is still missing, but I can see a range=X. Adding the lat parameter by hand I have the same result as before radius searching (as it happens using the first GO)

Thank you

Attachments

• 2017radius_purityA.png
    2017radius_purityA.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 2017radius_purityB.png
    2017radius_purityB.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 29
I noticed that setting showfilters=0 for gmap visualization in content plugin fixes the search radius filter layout. The url issue still applies but I can briefly see the radius drawn around my position (the map still shows results outside the range)

[edit. pressed post while writing the sentence... ]

I can't replicate that, works in both Protostar and Purity III ...

https://www.screencast.com/t/gwu5ATITBj8D

... although there's obviously a little CSS work needs doing for the Purity II one to clear the float.

Nope, you don't need to do anything special after uploading the overrides.

Check your dev tools console, see if there's any JS errors on page load that might short circuit the filter getting set up.

-- hugh

Ok; the test you did works for me too, so I made some more tests on the radius search filter. I am using Protostar:
as said before, to avoid messed popup layout there should be only one radius search filter per page, and this seems to fix even other issues.

Menu link to gmap visualization only (no list on the same page) filter works well.
I noticed that if it doesn't find results, the map is centered on the default location: I think it should be centered on the origin of the search radius.

Combo view List (nofilters) + Content visualization (filter) - the one we spoke throughout this thread.
opening search popup the browser console throws out:
didnt find element #radius_search1 in mootools-ext.js:3

slider is frozen
cancel button doesn't work
the small x is missing from the popup
Go reloads the page and it's the only way to close the popup
Geocoding works though.

Thank you

Yeah, only one per page until I sort some stuff out. We put a huge amount of effort into allowing more than one, but it's a major pain in the ass for a lot of reasons (adding complex form structures on the fly, which all have to have unique ids and their own JS objects, etc), and I think some changes in the UI in J! have messed us up since we got it working.

At some point I'll look at the radius search in the viz, but it'll be at least a week. I'm out of pocket moving house (well, moving someone else's house into mine) next week, and will only be doing regularly support (rather than in-depth code investigations and fixes) till I'm back and caught up.

-- hugh

Allright, thanks. I have to say that one that works is better than two prone to breaking :)
May I ask why you choose the popup display instead of docking the filters together with the others, and using the same googlemap to represent the origin location?
Speaking of which, is it possible to "dock" the radius filter popup content with the other filters?
I found a post about fabrik 2.0 where it is clearly said it was not possible at the time, is this still true?

Thank you again

The first iteration of the radius filter was inline. But the only feedback we got was that it was too big and it needed to be in a popup, lol. Frankly I'd prefer it to be inline, it'd make my life easier.

Not sure what you mean by "and using the same googlemap to represent the origin location?"

-- hugh

Not sure what you mean by "and using the same googlemap to represent the origin location?"

I mean to have only one gmap on the page, with the radius filter not showing another gmap (which makes it big) but relaying on the same gmap we use to display query results to display the origin of search.
Nothing fancy (but maybe difficult to implement in fabrik, I don't know) google maps already does a similar thing with places search.

I was not using fabrik when the popup feedback showed up, I would have said to keep it inline :) maybe collapsable through a small arrow in the corner if it was too big to fit in the layout.

Thank you

mean to have only one gmap on the page, with the radius filter not showing another gmap (which makes it big) but relaying on the same gmap we use to display query results to display the origin of search.

Because it's a list filter. You happen to be using it on a map viz, but when filtering a list (or a calendar, or a ...), you don't have a map. I guess technically it might be possible for the filter to detect if it's in a map viz context, and use the viz map, but that would be pretty much a nightmare, as the viz has it's own set of markers we'd have to integrate with.

-- hugh

The radius filter is one of those things that doesn't get a lot of love, coding wise, because so few people use it. We tend to focus on what people use, and little used things typically only get major improvements when we have a client funding some app development, and they need a particular feature.

I've put it on my list of things to tidy up when I get a few minutes.

-- hugh

...filtering a list (or a calendar, or a ...), you don't have a map
You're right, I haven't thought about this.
I will appreciate a lot if you can find the time to fix it, even if we are only a few using it, it is a great addition to Fabrik! :)

thank you heaps!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back