Purity 3 and Fabrik - few problems

mirceat

Hello,

I've copied the files from bootstrap3 folder to /templates/purity_iii/html/layouts/com_fabrik (as is mentioned here https://github.com/Fabrik/Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts) but there are some problems:

1. The yesno element is not displayed correctly: no.jpg.
When i try to set the element to Yes (default is No), i get this: mouseover.jpg
I can set it to radiobutton group
2. Form is using the bootstrap tabs template - i've set some tabs to be hidden but they aren't. The content of the group is not visible but the tabs are visible. Works fine with Protostar template.

I tried with legacy enabled/disabled, same problems.

Fabrik github, Joomla 3.8.5, Purity 3

Thank you

I realize this isn't directly addressing your question but I had been using Purity III and ran into the same issues. It's all bootstrap version related and the overrrides are just incomplete. Instead of wrestling with it, I picked up the free Rocket Gantry framework and switched to the Hydrogen theme/template. Everything I have tested just works out of the box and the look is quite similar to Purity III. I don't get invested in all of the fancy Gantry stuff for my apps and the Hydrogen template gave me the basics I needed without the fuss.

This is a template issue, not a Fabrik issue. That said, CheeseGrits has done a pretty good job adding template overrides (as you have downloaded) to make Purity III work (somewhat), even though this is not really his responsibility and just because he's a nice guy. It's just not all there yet.

I totally agree with you, Bruce. My intention is to find a template that allows me to use the Ark Widget component so i can use widgets in wysiwyg editor. Unlike Protostar, Purity 3 works well with this component and it's a free solution almost entirely supported by Fabrik.

I will take a look at the Hidrogen theme, thank you ;)

And as I've been testing more, I've discovered that things work well on a normal browser but small form factor devices such as cell phones are not responding properly to this template. I'll investigate more to determine if this is a limitation of the hydrogen template or the gantry framework (or something else).

yes, all the files and folders from folder bootstrap3 has been uploaded to templates/purity_iii/html/layouts/com_fabrik

I reinstalled Joomla 3.8.6 without any other components or themes installed except Fabrik and Purity3..same problem. Cache cleaned, also tried in a new incognito window. The form is set to bootstrap, also tested with bootstrap_tabs..

Don't know if it's related, but the option "button group" works fine for radiobutton elements but not for yesno elements.

Well, i switched back to Protostar + installed the plugin ToogleBootstrap and activated the Bootstrap javascript 3.3.7, now i can use the ArkWidget component in Fabrik with tinymce editor.

the only problem with Bootstrap 3 is about bootstrap_tab template, the hidden tabs are still visible even the content of tabs is not displayed. Don't know if Fabrik will be upgraded to version 3 or directly to version 4 because of Joomla alpha release.

I double checked, and my yesno elements work fine in Purity III, and several other Bootstrap v3 templates.

the hidden tabs are still visible even the content of tabs is not displayed

Not sure what you mean. Can you give me exact steps to replicate this, or point me at a page with the problem.

We're implementing bs4 as the standard for Joomla 4.x. We may or may not then make those available as overrides for 3.x.

-- hugh

only one step to replicate, set a dropdown element by using the Javascript option to show/hide a group on load/on change using bootstrap_tab template and purify 3.

ex: onload: if element value = 0 then hide group1; on change: if element value != 0 then show group1; on change: if element = 0 then hide group1.

In my case, the tab is visible on load, should be hidden by default because default value = 0

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back