Registration link not showing

bespokeappstt

Hubstaff freelancer
I have a list called Events Calendar. On this list I am posting a lot of 'Events'. I have a column called 'Register'. Two things I need help in.
  1. The 'Register' link text is not showing. How do I get it to show.
  2. How do I get this link to re-direct to my 'Registration Form'. I have a basic registration form that has to be filled out for all 'Events'.

Attachments

• event_forms.jpg
    event_forms.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 31
Date format: check your element settings (List format).

Register column:
Which element type are use using, which settings?

Register column:
I am using a 'link' plugin and I want the link to send users to the 'Registration From'. In addition to it now showing, how do I get the link for the other form I created?

So what I need now is
  1. Get the label for the 'link' element to show
  2. Hyperlink it to my 'Registration' form
I specified both the Default label and a label. At the moment the url is 'gmail.com'. The character width is 9. I don't what else to do to get this link to show.

Last edited:
Very very strange behaviour, all I did was add another element, a drop down and now my link element text is showing. So it's just one matter to solve. How do I link it to my 'Registration' form? I created a form, how do I get the link for this form so that I can send users here to register?

So my link text is showing and that's great. But I don't know how to get the link for a registration form I created. How do I link the text to that form?

This is the site:
http://www.knoxttdot.com/ttcycling/index.php#

Clicking the 'Events' tab takes you to the a list. This list is called 'List of Events'. The purpose of this list is to simply list out the events for the year. It has a column called called, 'Register'. This column holds the linked text called 'Register'. I have a generic registration form and I want this 'Register' link to take you to this registration form. Of course in Fabrik everything starts with a list so the screenshot shows the lists.

In the end, 2 lists, one captures all the events for the year and the other one allows users to register for the event. In time I will add more events but there will always be only one Registration Form.

Feel free to recommend a better way of what I am trying to do.

Attachments

• lists_forms.jpg
    lists_forms.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 30
You might want to use the Link list plugin.

So is your question what the URL to a Fabrik form should be?

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=123

Replace 123 with your numeric form ID. Add &Itemid=234 (replace with actual menu item id) if you want the link to be tied to a menu item.

-- hugh

If you ever aren't sure, just go and add a Fabrik component menu link to whatever you want to link to. That'll show you what the URL is.

-- hugh

I have been using a plugin type 'link'. I downloaded and installed the,
list - Link 3.6
from the download area. I am not seeing anything different to what was there before. The attached screenshot shows my options for Plugins. Is the 'link' the same thing you are referring to?

Attachments

• fabrik_linklist.jpg
    fabrik_linklist.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 33
The list link plugin is a list plugin, not an element plugin. It let's you add a button that acts as a link.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Okay so I have installed the 'link' plugin on the desired list and it shows. Problem is, the link doesn't work. I used the link from the 'Menu' section. I created a new article and chose the 'Fabrik' form. However the link to the form doesn't work at all. Nothing happens when you click it. I tried both an absolute and a relative link and nothing worked. Here are the links I tried:
Code:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=3

http://www.knoxttdot.com/ttcycling/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=3
None of them work. How do I get the link to work? Naturally the site is http://www.knoxttdot.com/ttcycling and click the 'Events' tab.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back