Remember user fiter settings after user logout.

jo-ka

Hello,

A end user asked me the possibility to "save" last user filter settings on a list.

This is, when the user logs out and log in again, the system remember the filter settings he have used on last session. This is because he works almost all of the time with the same filters.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't come up with any ideas as yet. Having settings that persist across login sessions is tough, as obviously they can't be stored in the session. The only other place to put them is in the database, but we don't have any current mechanism for doing that, and it wouldn't be trivial to implement.

-- hugh

I did think along those lines, and may experiment. I'm just leary of adding Yet Another Filtering Mechanism ... prefilters, element filters, advanced filters, search-all filters, Joomla search filters, query string filters, session filters ... and cookie filters ... my brain kind of shies away from it.

But ... it might be that it's not that hard, if I can shim it in where session filters get applied. Next time I have that code out on the slab, I'll take a look.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back