search form doesn't work the second time

enzo2016

Hi, the search form works ok every time (that is for all of the researches) when it is used by a registered user and it works ok only the first time when it is used by a public user.

I am describing the working for public users:
If you search for a word in a field, the search form shows all of the records having that word for the first research. The second time you search for a different word, it shows the same results of the first research.
The second time (the second research) it seems that the search form cannot "see" the new word typed to search for.

I guess the problem could be either the JCH Optimize (even though it should be now uninstalled) or a recent update from Fabrik because a backup copy previous to JCH and to the Fabrik update is working ok either for registered users and public users.

Thanks,
Enzo

Solved! I have set System cache (on Global configuration - System): Disabled cache
and then System - Page cache (on Extensions - Plugin): No and Disabled.

After that, the search form is working ok again.

Enzo

Fabrik should work with the main cache (in the global settings), but no ... won't work with the Page cache plugin. With the page cache plugin, extensions never get asked if it's OK to serve from cache. Joomla just serves the page up regardless. And obviously, that doesn't play well with things like Fabrik that can be producing different output even on the same link.

-- hugh

I have now tried only the main cache (in Global settings), but it seems that in frontend when I click on the search button of a search form, it is not active (it doesn't work: I click on the button to search and the page is not loaded), but no problem because I have disabled the main cache.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back