• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search Plugin

sohopros

Hi,

I use Fabrik search plugin on my website.

But when I do the search I am getting an error:

YOU HAVE AN ERROR IN YOUR SQL SYNTAX; CHECK THE MANUAL THAT CORRESPONDS TO YOUR MARIADB SERVER VERSION FOR THE RIGHT SYNTAX TO USE NEAR '(SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(LOOKUP.NAME SEPARATOR '//) AGAINST ('+PRIVACY*' IN BOOLEAN' AT LINE 40

I followed this documentation to set up the search feature: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/search-plug-in/

I want the search in these 3 fields/elements:
  1. Name
  2. Product Descriptions
  3. Tags
When I remove Product Description and tags from elements then the search is working, but I need these 2 fields also. What could be wrong with these 2 elements?

Are there any other settings for the elements for the search feature?

Please advise,
Sandra

Attachments

• fabrik-search-elements.png
    fabrik-search-elements.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 229
So are you talking about the Fabrik global Joomla search plugin, or the 'search all' feature on lists?

-- hugh

OK.

What element types are the three elements? I'll need to duplicate your setup to test it.

Is "Tags" a tag element? I suspect that might be problematic, as it has some very complex code to build search queries in the many-to-many joined table.

-- hugh

Hi,

attached screenshot with the elements.

Yes, Tag element uses tag plug-in.

Thanks,
Sandra

Attachments

• name-davis.JPG
    name-davis.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 219
  • product-categories-davis.JPG
    product-categories-davis.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 217
  • tag-element-davis.JPG
    tag-element-davis.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 362
And is Product Categories a multiselect or checkbox join, rather than a simple dropdown?

Unfortunately, things like that - tags or joins set to a "multi" select (which involves a joined many-to-many table) just aren't going to work with the global search.

The reason being, we use MySQL's "MATCH AGAINST" full text search for this, which can only take simple field name, like ...

Code:
MATCH (table1.field1, table1.field2) AGAINST ("+something" IN BOOLEAN MODE)

... where that first list of fields can only be a simple field name. But the field selector for things like the tags element, and checkbox joins, aren't simple fields, they are subqueries which select the field from the joined many-to-many table

Code:
(SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(tags SEPARATOR '//..*..//') FROM tags_test_repeat_tags WHERE tags_test_repeat_tags.parent_id = `tags_test`.`id`)

... so the MATCH AGAINST ends up being ...

Code:
MATCH ((SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(tags SEPARATOR '//..*..//') FROM tags_test_repeat_tags WHERE tags_test_repeat_tags.parent_id = `tags_test`.`id`),table1.field1, table1.field2) AGAINST ("+something" IN BOOLEAN MODE)

... which is not valid MySQL.

Sorry, but without some major (and I mean seriously major) surgery, and changing the way we handle that searching, it's just not going to work. You are restricted to simple fields, or non-multiple joins (like dropdown).

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back