• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Set up Fabrik with existing DB Tables

winchester

Hi.

I have a project working on in which I have only a week left to finish. It is a survey to collect information for public beaches in Jamaica and a directory that will allow visitors to search for them. I have already built it using DJ-Classifieds, but because the extension was designed specifically for classified ads and was never meant to be used for a survey, it became quite cumbersome for the surveyors to fill in and the managers to manage. I have to change a lot of the codes on the view pages just to make it work.

Anyways, I thought it would be best to rebuild it in another extension. I started all over with ChronoForms, which allowed for a better form layout, but I'll need another extension to construct the directory pages.

I thought also that may be I could use Fabrik to build both sides, but in such a short time, I can't learn how to use Fabrik and re-build everyone from scratch. So, I was wondering if it is possible to use the form already built in ChronoForms to enter the surveys into the database table and then use Fabrik to construct the directory?

I know I will still need a lot of help and I'm hoping that there is either a proper tutorials available or someone who doesn't mind answering questions when I have them. I'm a designer and not a developer by any measure, but I can follow instructions and I am pretty good at figuring out certain things. But, for now I would like to know if this is possible and if it is easily done. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Winchester

You can link a new Fabrik list to any existing DB table (select it in the "Data" tab), so it's "easy" to use data collected by other components
Fabrik expects a primary key integer and autoincrement.
Make sure to set also "Alter field types" to NO ("Advanced" tab).

But if you have to finish in one week you may look for paid support. E.g. contact @mediaateam

You can link a new Fabrik list to any existing DB table (select it in the "Data" tab), so it's "easy" to use data collected by other components
Fabrik expects a primary key integer and autoincrement.
Make sure to set also "Alter field types" to NO ("Advanced" tab).

But if you have to finish in one week you may look for paid support. E.g. contact @mediaateam

Thank you for the info, Troester. Thanks. I know at this point I can't make any other miss steps with less than a week to finish. This project is more of a community project (the collection of the public beach directory part) and we don't have a lot of money to spare. Not to say that Fabrik people are the same, but we paid for a support subscription with DJ-Classifieds and have become skeptical since. Before purchasing the licences from them, they told us that their extension could do everything we wanted. They were attentive, every emailed question we sent to them would be responded to within a reasonable time. After purchasing? It took up to 3 weeks to get a reply from them on anything. And if we send 3 emails over the 3 weeks wait, they reply to just 1 and then another 2-3 days before replying to another and so on. I ended up getting the information needed from the community forum.

Anyways, if the cost is reasonable, we don't mind stretching for it, but I can't go through that situation again.

Actually, I decided to just do everything in Fabrik as originally planned. Still having some issues though, but given the short time in which to finish it, I decided to focus on what's absolutely necessary to get done and any improvements, I can do later on.

I have finished adding all the forms, but there are a few things that doesn't seem to be working, particularly in T3 framework B3. I got most of them working, except for the file upload for the photos. While it does upload the photos, it doesn't show the preview of the photo.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back