Silver support re-count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vadim

There are a lot of examples when Fabrik team cannot perform its 48-hours respond obligation. I understand that there are a lot of different excuses, but I tired to remind all time - we had a deal. It's look like not honest deal, it is a deception, which means not just moral responsibility and possible troubles.

I don't want to press, I think it will be more honest and useful for both sides to plus overtime of respond's period (where it is more 48 hours) to the period (3 months) of payed Silver support subscribe. If agree, I'm going to provide such calculation here, if not - please, tell me your proposals how to compensate your unfulfilled commitments.

Sounds reasonable. We have been swamped of late, supporting Fabrik 2.x on J! 1.5 while getting 3.x out on J! 2.5, which is a huge workload. But we've pretty much end of lifed 2.x now, and have a fairly stable 3.0.6 out, so we can concentrate more on Silver support.

Once again, apologies for the delays. I'll get with Rob and we'll work out an extension of your Silver sub period.

-- hugh

We certainly hope so. I hate making excuses for not providing the support we should, but the last 18 months have been absolutely grueling, with Rob and I both working 60 to 80 hour weeks, re-writing Fabrik 3.x for J! 2.x whilst supporting Fabrik 2.x for J! 1.5. Now that pain is (almost) over, we have a (fairly) stable 3.x, and are gradually phasing out support for J! 1.5 and 2.x, we will have more time for providing better support.

The whole J! 1.5 to 2.5 transition has been a major pain for a lot of extension developers, but the new road map and model for J! development moving forward should mean that there will be no more "ground up" rewrites of code. From here on, J! has a much clearer roadmap, with only incremental changes in the underlying platform. For instance, we were able to get our 3.x version running on the Alpha of J! 3.x with very little rewriting.

The upshot of all this is, we can now spend more time on support and documentation, and less on re-writing our code base to account for massive changes in the underlying J! platform.

-- hugh

It's great to find an understanding in such situation. I'm waiting concrete details about extension after you discuss it with Rob.

please note its a 48 hour response, which may or may not include a fix
I've spent around 10 hours with Vadim on his site so far, which exceeds what we say we do as on-site support (2 hours)
So whilst there may be issues, please be aware that what we are providing is support, not unlimited development time.

It was not good example, Rob. I lost about 100 hours of my working time after your first "help" with users groups and levels till you respond next time, how about it? And I'm not sure you should count on-site support, when you check and correct probs of Fabrik, which are not mine.
I think that on-line support really needs in better regulations, clear and simple for both sides. At the same time it is not excuse for Fabrik duty to respond in 48 hours for Silver support members. Such your trials as "to add a fog" here makes me step back and repeat - we have a deal, 48 hours respond is a part of your proposal, which we paied for, and this is your responsibility to provide. If you cannot you should send money back, to form new proposal for Silver membership (smth like we garaunty our respond but no idea when, which you try to say now). Possibly smb will like it, another part will not see big difference with Bronze support, but it will be more honest deal. I prefer the manner of negotiations of your colleague aimed on common solution instead of way to stressful period for all of us. Please think about it, and before feedback, discuss it with cheesegrits. I'm still waiting for constructive proposals.

It was not good example
Well I wasn't giving an example, I was stating what I had helped you with so far and how long that help had taken, and yes there have been days where we haven't got to answering all your questions, but we really have given you a lot of priority support over the last month.

when you check and correct probs of Fabrik, which are not mine.
I don't count fixing bugs as part of on server support time, I count logging in and reworking all your ACL for you, and altering the various list settings that needed altering according to the set up that you desired. Yes there were issues whilst doing that, partly due to language barriers where it was nigh on impossible to understand what you needed compared to what you had already incorrectly set up.

I'm still waiting for constructive proposals.
Sorry I'm lost, what are you expecting from us?

Would you like to read from me smth like "You was lost for 10 hours and spent just 15 mins for server support and I state this fact to you"? So, why do you think you have a monopoly to state facts for me or other clients? It was just your opinion and nothing more. It's clear that we have different opinions about second condition (server support) as well, that's why I said it needs in better regulation for both sides. If you are interested to continue this topic, please, create a new thread and invite me, and lets use this one for my question.

Sorry I'm lost, what are you expecting from us?
You are lost again, despite of all necessary information here. Respond of cheesegrits:
Once again, apologies for the delays. I'll get with Rob and we'll work out an extension of your Silver sub period
. I agreed with it and reminded in last post that I'm still waiting for.

I agree that we have been slower than we should have been on responses. However, Rob has put in more than enough hours on-site. We never include bug fixing time in the hours we count for on-site support.

One of the main problems here is that we don't have an overview of your project, with the design layout and main functional specification. As we agreed in a previous discussion on this, you were going to produce something we could look at. If you have already posted that and I missed it, please give me the URL to that thread. If not, perhaps you could publish that as a Google doc and add me to the access (hugh.messenger@gmail.com).

I'm still prepared to extend your Silver support by a month or so, to make up for the slow responses. But as Rob says, we have definitely put in plenty of hours on support.

-- hugh

Hi Vadim

I've extended your subscription by a month.
Lets move on with helping you with your project :)

-Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back