SOLVED Image link = other element value - how ?

Roomack

Hello everyone :)
My first post here so a few words for introduction :)
I am building a multi-content-type portal with articles, product offers, business directory, blog and forum.
First 3 I am making with Fabrik because it is the first from many I tried so far, which allows me to make a global category and subcategory tree for all content types and does not require coding from me. I am a total non-coder, the best I can do is taking a piece of code and paste it. Fabrik is working perfect for me, so far.

Now, I have a list of product offers, and such two elements/fields/columns in it:
image (image plugin)
external-url (link plugin)

And I want a link for the image field to have a value of the external url field, so when on the frontend user clicks the image, he goes to the link which is the value in the external url field.

Please help me, what should I put into the link field in the image element setup, or maybe somewhere else ?

Cheers :)

I don't think you can do it with the link element, because the link stores its data as a JSON object, like {"title":"foo bar","link":"http://foo.bar"}.

You might have to use three elements - image, title, url. Then you can use {yourtable___url} as a placeholder in a custom details link for the image element.

-- hugh

Hello Hugh, thank you very much for your suggestion :)
I didn't completely understood what do I need the title element for, but following your hint I changed the type of the url element to field, set its type to url, made guess link to yes and then in the image element I put the placeholder into the custom link field and it works as I want it.
I don't want a details view to open at all on my site, because I want a click on the list to send to the product detail page, but on vendor's site. (affiliate)

SOLVED

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back