Some Fabrik Plugins overwrite Content Layout?

burghard

I have two sites with the same template (Purity III) but on the site with Fabrik installed, the page links for the content is shown differently (ugly). The page links for the Fabrik lists are shown well. I saw that the HTML and CSS for the content area is rendered differently than on the site without fabrik.
I already discussed it on the Purity III forum (have a look at it).
There are other issues on the page when fabrik is active:
  • the columns for the articles changed from two to one
  • the menu on the article (edit, email, print) is rendered differently
When I disable all the Fabrik plugins the page links are rendered well. Is it possible to make the page links not being overwritten by fabrik plugins?
Here is an example: first looks good, second looks ugly
looks ugly.png looks as it should.png
I use Fabrik 3.7 on Joomla 3.8.3.

1. You can't use Fabrik3.7 on Joomla3.8

2. If you have Purity III you must use https://github.com/Fabrik/Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts, see http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/prerequisites/#fabrik-3-4-2
(Fabrik is relying on Joomla's framework which is Bootstrap2, PurityIII is Bootstrap3, overriding Joomla).

3. I assume you mean 2nd looks good, 1st ugly?
I can't replicate. Even without the alt-layouts PurityIII is showing like your 2nd screenshot for category blog and featured articles with and without all Fabrik enabled.

Are you running a recent PurityIII and T3 framework version?
Did you add own overrides which may break something?

Sorry! I use Fabrik 3.8, Joomla 3.8.3 and Purity III 1.2.1 (the latest), T3 2.7.0 (latest) ? and yes! second looks good the first looks ugly :).
I had found some overwrites but none of them break the layout. But I will look further.

I fixed an issue relatively recently that was affecting pagination layouts in the latest T3 and J! 3.8. I can't remember if it was before or after the 3.8 release, so you might want to try a full github update.

-- hugh

I completely deinstalled the Purity III template and reinstalled it (my overwrites has gone, I saved them). But the pager links for the content is still ugly while the pager links for a Fabrik table in another module on the same page looks nice. When I installed the Layouts into /purity/html/layout/com_fabrik, the pager for the fabrik table changes, but the pager for the content looks still the same.

I will do a full GitHub update because of Hugh's post view moments ago.

Yup, especially if it's an obviously visible issue like that, there's a good chance it's been fixed.

And you can always use Akeeba to maintain a sandbox copy of your site for testing, if you don't want to risk github updates on your live site.

-- hugh

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back