Template Recommendation

achartier

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone recommend a good (hopefully free) template? I am using YouJoomla's Eximium and I like it a lot but I have started to run up against some issues with its bootstrap and javascript implementations, specifically with its use with FABRIK. I prefer a template with megamenu built in if possible.

Please PM me if you have ideas for me rather than clutter up this BB.

Thanks in advance.

Typically the ones we put effort into supporting are the major ones, like RT / Gantry, JoomlArt, etc.

But as long as they stick to established standards (Bootstrap v2 or v3, UI Kit) and don't do anything too whacky in JS (which is the problem with YouJoomla, it seems their module loading is not compatible with requirejs. And that's going to be an issue over the coming year or two, as more and more people move towards AMD loading, and the various "standards" compete.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh, I am looking at Gantry now, it looks like it may work for me. A ton of effort to switch at this point but I probably have no choice.

Over the years, I've lodged myself in the grip of Yootheme templates. Unfortunately, they are tightning their noose with their strange release of Yootheme Pro over the past year, which makes it just about impossible to implement Fabrik or any useful website it seems--unless I'm missing something.

Question for the Fabrik community who have used Yootheme. Have you found any way to implement Yootheme Pro with a Fabrik site? If not, what template system have you moved to?

My problem is that I have so many Yootheme Warp 7 sites, that I am just about forced to keep a subscription with them.

Thank you!

I haven't tried Yootheme Pro. If enough people use it, I might put some effort into figuring it out, but I'm not hearing anything good from people trying to integrate with it.

-- hugh

Yootheme Pro is worthless. Not sure why they did what they did. I just tested out Gantry. Works really well. And I can use my old module positions. So, seems like an excellent choice.

Cool. That's one of our reference templates, and what we use for most of our direct clients.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I'm having some problems with using Fabrik modules on my website. Also, it seems the only place I can update a record correctly is from a list. After reading some of the comments in this thread, I'm wondering if the website builder I'm using on a couple websites is the problem. I'm using Gridbox. They consider it a website builder, not just a pagebuilder and template. Does anyone know if Gridbox is going to be a problem when trying to use Fabrik?

I've never used it. I've used SP Page Builder, and I know that causes some funky issues with our modules.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back