Too Many Redirects

brentsc

After updating to Joomla 3.7 and Fabrik 3.6. I receive a "too many redirects" message when attempting to resolve a Fabrik form on my site.

I've attempted turning of the SEF function, but to no avail.

Are you able to help me?

www dot turfteamequipment dot com (the forum won't let me post a URL )

Yes, there is an htaccess file.

The login page is giving a 303 redirect. I don't think it's anything to do with Fabrik, as this URL redirects:

index.php?option=com_users&view=login&Itemid=204

... which won't have anyhing to do with Fabrik on it. I suspect there's an issue in your htaccess.

Try renaming your htaccess so it isn't used.

-- hugh

Thanks, Hugh, but I'm afraid that's not it.

I tried your suggestion, and renamed to the htaccess file to oldhtaccess, but I still receive the 303 message.

For what it's worth, the URL you reference (index.php?option=com_users&view=login&Itemid=204) is a Main Menu link set to be the home page for the site. The URL lands on a Fabrik form available to registered users. Prior to upgrade, when users landed on the URL & they weren't logged in, the site would ask them to log in. When they did, the Fabrik from would resolve.

If I set the home page to a different page on the site, then the site will resolve just fine. It's only when I try to set the home page for the site to resolve to the Fabrik form that I have a problem.

Any other additional suggestions?

Yours,
Brent

A link on the Main Menu goes directly to the form. The form is to set to be the Home page for the site. But regardless if I try to use the link from the Main menu or I try to go directly the for Form's URL, I still get a 303 error. The form isn't embedded into the page - it is the page.

I can't replicate this. If I set a form to be the home page, and I set access on the list to be registered, and hit the home page when not logged in, I just get "You are not authorized to view this resource", which is what I would expect.

Are you sure you don't have any plugins on that form, like an onLoad that redirects if not logged in?

-- hugh

I don't believe I do, Hugh. Would it be helpful if I sent you Administrator credentials? If so, what is the best way for me to do that?

Thanks, Hugh. I've added login details using the link you provided. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Yours,
Brent

I'm still not convinced this is anything to do with Fabrik. I just set the default home page on your site to be the Breezing Forms page (itemid 188) and it does the same thing.

With the Menu item itself set to to Registered, Fabrik won't even get called. Joomla will redirect to the login page without routing to the Fabrik component.

-- hugh

Hi brentsc,

I'm currently facing the exact same issue as you described on April 30.
After updating to Joomla 3.7 and Fabrik 3.6. I receive a "too many redirects"message when trying to enter the website (back office is fine).

It looks like it has nothing to do with Fabrik.
Fabrik is working fine in the back office.

I was wondering if you were able to solve the problem. If so, please let me know how.

Thanks,
Mathieu

Hey Mathieu,

If you don't manage to find the problem, I might be able to help by installing a copy of your site locally and debugging it. It's a minimum of about an hour (taking an Akeeba backup, installing it locally, creating a PHP Storm project on it, then stepping through the code in xdebug), and I'd have to charge ... but assuming the problem exhibits itself on the local copy, I am confident I could find and fix the problem.

-- hugh

Thanks for your offer Hugh.
Fortunately, I was able to resolve the issue this morning.
Here is the page that saved me: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/15730
I had all my menu items with a Registered Access Level, which worked fine until I upgraded to joomla 3.7
Apparently having a website for registered users only is not recommended by Joomla.
But one of the messages on the github page gives a workaround: "If you really must set your HOMEPAGE as registered, then you MUST have a different menu item, of type public, of type Login Form, so that users can be redirected to that menu item (Itemid) in order to login."

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back