Updating mpdf lib for PHP 8.1

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi there,

Is anyone has already successfully updated a site using mPDF lib to PHP 8 ?
I'm stick with this error : Fatal error: Trait "setasign\Fpdi\FpdiTrait" not found
I've downloaded the latest version from there : https://github.com/mpdf/mpdf unzip it and uploaded the files in the right directory (/libraries/fabrik/vendor/mpdf/mpdf).
The Fabrik files themselves have been updated from github on november the 12th
Joomla version : 3.10.11
PHP version : 8.1.0

Thanks for any advice

Did you try to take it from Fabrik4? I did not test. But in Fabrik4 mPDF is working.

I've just tried but I get the same result.
I've renamed original mpdf folder to mpdf_original and copied the whole content of the mpdf directory from a J4 site to my test site on /libraries/fabrik/vendor/mpdf/ .

My original test was from a php cron script.
So I set pdf icon on a usual frontend list rendering (working on the production site under PHP 7.4) and I get the same error (pure Fabrik's code) :
Fatal error: Trait "setasign\Fpdi\FpdiTrait" not found in /home/bishlws/examulmtest/libraries/fabrik/vendor/mpdf/mpdf/src/FpdiTrait.php on line 25

I've also copied the domPDF directory from J4 to my J3 test site and I get :

Class "Masterminds\HTML5" not found /zzzz/xxxx/yyyyyy/libraries/fabrik/vendor/dompdf/dompdf/src/Dompdf.php:477

Call stack
#
Function Location
1 () JROOT/libraries/fabrik/vendor/dompdf/dompdf/src/Dompdf.php:477
2 Dompdf\Dompdf->loadHtml() JROOT/libraries/fabrik/vendor/dompdf/dompdf/src/Dompdf.php:394
3 Dompdf\Dompdf->load_html() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/PdfDocument.php:276
4 Joomla\CMS\Document\PdfDocument->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:1112
5 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:778
6 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:231
7 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/index.php:49

So I finally let it work.
Here is my setup :

replace the mpdf files in /libraries/fabrik/vendor/mpdf/ with the ones used for Fabrik 4 (last version of mpdf ?)
replace the fpdi files in /libraries/fabrik/vendor/setasign/ with the ones used for Fabrik 4 (the ones found here : https://github.com/Setasign/FPDI ?)

I did not find the right place to make the fpdi classes loaded by fabrik. So I've edited the file : /libraries/fabrik/vendor/mpdf/mpdf/src/FpdiTrait.php to add the " fpdi autoload" :

Code:
<?php

namespace Mpdf;

include_once JPATH_LIBRARIES . '/fabrik/vendor/setasign/fpdi/src/autoload.php';   // added line !

use setasign\Fpdi\PdfParser\CrossReference\CrossReferenceException;
use setasign\Fpdi\PdfParser\Filter\AsciiHex;
etc...

And it works....

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back