• New Commercial Services Section

We have now opened a commercial services section here on the forum. If you have a Fabrik project that you wish to have someone work on for you, post it under Help Wanted. If you are an application developer and wish to earn some money helping others, post your details under Fabrik Application Developers.

Both of these are unmoderated. It will be up to both parties to work out the details and come to an agreement.

Validations being done when they don't need to be

Bauer

It's been almost 2 years since I put in this pull request to fix bugs in form.php regarding when elements get validated. Is there a reason why this issue has been ignored?

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/pull/1698

It's a simple change - a matter of changing 2 lines and moving a closing bracket in an if condition.

This is also the reason the form 'Toggle submit' and 'Must validate' options do not work properly - because sometimes validations are being made when they should not be done.

I sympathise with your concerns - take a look at how many PRs I have waiting merge.

But even if Hugh had the time, since you did not make the changes requested in the review comments it would not get merged anyway.

I sympathise with your concerns - take a look at how many PRs I have waiting merge.

But even if Hugh had the time, since you did not make the changes requested in the review comments it would not get merged anyway.
I need to grasp and understand the rules before I can abide by them.

I have a question for you. What was the intent of that 'Javascript Interactivity' page in 'Developers' section of the Wiki?

I have some simple js code - that dynamically creates popover tips for list action buttons - that I want to put in the Wiki, but don't really know where it belongs. I was going to put it there, but because it is empty I wasn't sure if that is the proper place to put it.

1. The rules are simple:

a. You create a PR
    b. People review it and if they have comments they make them.
    c. If the comments request changes, you are responsible for making them so that it can be re-reviewed.
    d. When there are no more comments that need changing and reviewers agree that it is ready to be merged, then someone should merge it.

That's the theory, but when the only reviewer is Hugh who is up to his eyes (or above) with other stuff, reviewing can be slow to happen.

2. I think it is more important that stuff gets added to the wiki somewhere so people don't have to reinvent the wheel than worry about whether you are putting it in exactly the right place. And more important to welcome people like us making contributions than being picky. So my advice is to go for it!!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back