NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.Dismiss Notice
Email Exists validation
- Error message - The message to display next to the element if the validation fails. This text should explain why the validation failed and what steps the user should take to remedy the error.
- Condition - A PHP expression which if returns false, means that the validation is not run. See here for more information.
- Fail validation when email -
- exists - The validation will fail if the email address already exists in the database.
- does not exist - The validation will fail if the email address does not exist in the database.
- User element - OPTIONAL (but strongly recommended)- if specified, this should be a user element on your form, which this plugin will then use when editing existing data, to determine if an existing row in the J! users table 'belongs' to this user. If not specified, plugin will use logged on userid, so will fail if (say) an admin is editing someone else's row.