3.x Upgrade instructions
There are three scenarios that are possible when upgrading. Please choose the scenario that matches your situation.
- You have installed Fabrik 3.x via the Joomla installer and have made no updates via GitHub, a new version has been released and you would like to upgrade to this new version.
- You have installed Fabrik 3.x via the Joomla installer and have been updating via GitHub, a new version has been released and you would like to upgrade to this new version.
- You are running Fabrik 2 and would like to migrate to Fabrik 3.
If you chose scenario 1, you will be performing a 'Standard Upgrade'.
If you chose scenario 2, you will be performing a 'GitHub Update'.
If you chose scenario 3, please visit the 'Migrating From Fabrik 2' page.
The following steps should be completed before upgrading and apply to all types of upgrade:
- Backup your sites database and files.
- Look at the code announcements forum to see if anything has changed which you should be aware of.
- Do not uninstall your previous version of Fabrik
After any upgrade/update you should log out and clear all browser cache.
To perform a 'Standard Upgrade', simply follow the same procedure as if you were installing Fabrik for the first time.
At the time of a official version release, we recommend users who are updating from GitHub, to upgrade Fabrik via the Joomla installer and then continue to 'update from GitHub'.
This is because the installer/upgrader may apply additional database changes which would not be applied if you only updated from GitHub.
For instructions on how to 'update from GitHub', click here.