Form plugin autofill
The autofill plugin allows you to fill in fields based on a look up on a different list.
The data entered from the list is NOT dynamic, so if your form observers a user list, and you create a record autofilled in from the user 'John', and then later on you change that user's name to 'John Smith' then this form's record will still contain the value 'John'
If you are looking for dynamic links between data you should be using list joins
- Field to observe - the field which should contain the primary key of the list specified in the 'List' dropdown. If no trigger element specified, the autofill lookup will be performed when this element blurs or changes
- Trigger - If selected, this should be a button element, when clicked the autofill lookup will occur
- Connection - The fabrik connection that contains the lookup list
- List- the Fabrik list that contains the data to insert into the form's elements.
- Map data - a JSON object, where the key value is the lookup table's full element name, and the value a full element name of one of the current form's elements. So in the image, data will be taken from 'countries___label' and placed in 'elementtest___name'
- Edit original record - If set to yes, then when the auto fill lookup is performed and a match found the form's row id is changed to that of the matched record, meaning that you will edit the original record
in Fabrik 3.0
- Autofill confirmation - When the trigger element blurs or is clicked, do you want a confirmation box to appear asking the user if they want the fields to be autofilled
- Autofill on load - If creating a new record, and this option is set to yes then the autofill will be performed when the form is loaded. In addition trigger events will still be used