Recent content by jarea

1. J

Close Window from element object

Yeah, unfortunately there is a lot where my understanding is weak. Working on educating myself. I do thank you Hugh for all of your assistance.
  2. J

I am going to let this one die the slow death it deserves. Rethinking the problem, it is not required that this process be fired off from a form element button, it can be a standalone process called off of a menu. Going in that direction.
  3. J

I added the FabrikHelperHTML code AFTER I did the J! includes, it got rid of the several errors mentioned above and added one more on the PHP error log: Fatal error: Class 'FabrikHelperHTML' not found in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/booker/jar-includes-test/group-item2.php on line 75
  4. J

The window that pops up provides a form where the user selects any number of metro areas groups then when submitted, the receiving script breaks out the metro groups into into their individual metro areas and saves them in the database for that user. It is basically a batch add records...
  5. J

Thanks Hugh, I am really trying to do something pretty simple and have been stuck in a bunch of complexity that need not be there. You are correct in your suggestion about using a Fabrik modal call. To pursue that, I put the following code in a button element...
  6. J

Closing this - I need to rethink the whole process.
  7. J

Looking at Rob's instructions on another thread, he said: <a href="http://fabrikar.com" class="myFabWin" rel="{'id':'prophoto-window','title':'my link rocks','loadMethod':'iframe'}"> My Link </a> then the id is 'prophoto-window' which you close with: <script...
  8. J

Yeah, I know I am probably driving you crazy with this. This is the same process that you are referring to but in this case, I don't open the window. If I were opening the window, I could give it a name when I open it and reference it from there. In this case, Fabrik and J! open the window...
  9. J

el.form.mockSubmit(); allows me to submit the form for the element object 'el'. Is there a way to reference the window where that form lives and close it? Thanks - jarea
  10. J

Missing include files in external PHP script generated from Fabrik

Actually, answering myself, I found a sweet, short function that does that ( for those who are interested: http://stackoverflow.com/a/17793207/5370234)[just put it in components/com_fabrik/form_X.js where X is the ID of your form]. It works great easily allowing me to pass POST json strings...
  11. J

So to make a long story short and a complicated problem simple, I figured out that the values I needed in the script were already built into the $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] so that eliminated the need for a POST. So I took your suggestion and simply called the script directly from the button with...
  12. J

I put a link to group-item2.php in the site notes. I'll take a look at the moo docs for ResponseScripts and Response.HTML. Also, this is the first I have heard about the Fabrik.window class. I'll check that out as well. Thanks - jarea
  13. J

P.S. here is the whole function. function doButton(el) { var url = "http://localhost:8888/booker/jar-includes-test/group-item2.php"; var contact_id = $("contacts___id").value; var window_id = window.open(); var page_url = window.location.href; new Request.HTML({ url:url, method...
  14. J

If I understand your question correctly, I think the reason I am doing it this way is to put the data into POST rather than GET.
  15. J

onComplete: function(response) { if (response != '') { //alert(response); var newWin = window.open('', "new window", "width=800, height=200"); newWin.document.write(response); newWin.document.close(); el.form.mockSubmit(); } } So would that require my loading assets?
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back