Recent content by PattiH

1. PattiH

Exporting in Joomla 1.5 problem and connect to mysql in 3.1

Got all my problems solved. Once I got a complete sql file (my internet connection seemed to cause problems with exporting and importing), the find and replace for the Fabrik plugin worked great. Thanks.
  2. PattiH

It actually did not work as well as I originally thought. There was an error message (see below), and many of my items (these are K2 items I've inserted the fabrik filtered table data) that did not import. At first I thought it came from copying and pasting directly into the editing window, so...
  3. PattiH

Wowee, Troester!!! Thank you. That worked like a charm. First time I forgot I also needed to change the ID number, so I had to do it twice, but much better than going through 200 articles. Now I will be more brave about messing with the database.
  4. PattiH

Just a final update on the other site with a very large Fabrik table -- I did the same thing as far as installing new site and all extensions except Fabrik, migrating the database using Migrate Me, changing all the imported Fabrik prefixes to jos, installing Fabrik, and creating the new list...
  5. PattiH

I have to say -- it went amazingly well! I migrated everything on a fresh install. Then changed the database names of the old fabrik tables. Then I installed Fabrik 3.1. I updated from the zip file from GitHub. I did have problems after doing that and reinstalled Fabrik from the install...
  6. PattiH

Neither one of these options worked. Because Fabrik won't connect to the database after I migrate the Fabrik tables, I can't use the "upgrade from 2.1" tool. I started over with a fresh install. Did not install Fabrik 3.1. Migrated the database, then installed Fabrik 3.1. I get an error...
  7. PattiH

Ok, thank you. That makes sense.
  8. PattiH

I reinstalled Joomla 3.1 and extensions including Fabrik. Tested Fabrik before migrating data from 1.5 site in and indeed it is working fine. After migrating in old data, it is not working. So definitely not a Fabrik issue.
  9. PattiH

The way Migrate Me works (and i decided to use it because of the great variety of success people had using Jupgrade, many not so good) is you create the new site, install all the new extensions, and then use the upgrade tool by Migrate Me which is an installed extension also. You export the...
  10. PattiH

The second paragraph has to do with connecting to the database in the Joomla 3.1 site with Fabrik 3.1 installed. If I go into Fabrik and try to create anything new I get the same error of "Could not connect to MySQl."
  11. PattiH

I used Migrate Me to move my data from Joomla 1.5.26 to 3.1. It seems to have worked very well and the data is all viewable in the administrator end except the Fabrik content in 3.1. So I've tried to approach the problem in two ways. One is by exporting the "list" in a csv file so that I can...
  12. PattiH

PayPal plugin

I thought I ought to clarify since even I'm confused as to which post I'm responding. Yes, it's a drop-down element. The element is conferencereg2012___confselectpayment I put {conferencereg2012___confselectpayment_raw} in "cost" to get the value to be passed on to Paypal which it does...
  13. PattiH

PayPal plugin

I'm sure that Hugh could correct me, but I think the reason you have to have eval set to "yes" is because of the commands used in your code. And that code is being used so that it knows whether to pick up the amount selected or the amount entered for the donation (pretty slick). If you merely...
  14. PattiH

PayPal plugin

I tried it both with "no" and "yes" for eval. It doesn't work with eval set to yes. It just takes me to the home screen of PayPal again (not the page for a payment to be made to the organization's email address.) I just typed "Conference Registration" in the box and at least that is now...
  15. PattiH

PayPal plugin

I wrote that post just above to Cheyenneman. Yes, I have in the cost section {conferencereg2012___confselectpayment_raw} with no eval and it's working fine. But if I put in what I just wrote above, I do not get the lable, I get the words with the brackets and all appearing in paypal.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back