• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Using a form submission to query a database table, do a calculation, and return a set of values

LeScruf

Hi folks,

I am looking for help with the logic of writing a custom php script to use a form to query a single table in a database, do a simple calculation on each of the returns from the query, and then display the set of values/returns back to the user in a table.

The form comprises of four drop-down string fields populated from the table, with an additional number field that the user enters (x).

One way of looking at this - I know this is perhaps not correct but it serves to explain the objective, is that I want to:
1. Run a 'filter record' of the four drop-down table field values (number variables) the user selects in the form;
2. Return four number values (I guess an array) from each of the corresponding records in the table that meet the filter criteria;
3. Do a preset calculation on each of the returned record arrays using the additional number variable (x) chosen by the user in the form;
4. Display the results back to the user in a table.

I have been learning basic php - but trying to figure out how to appropriately approach/structure this challenge (which I am guessing is relatively straight-foward if you know how) is leaving me scratching my head a little.

If this is too big of a request or meets with the reaction, 'go hire a pro-coder to do it for you', then totally fair enough.

Or if there are pointers to some useful worked examples to follow, and / or if someone is willing to do a little coaching, then I would be very grateful to sweat a bit, and work it out with a guiding hand.

I have been looking around, and will continue to do so.

Thanks!

Hi Hugh, sure thing - I've literally (as of yesterday) just started working with Fabrik - so is it possible to upgrade paying the difference? Or what's appropriate from your perspective?

Unfortunately we don't have a pro-rated system.

I'll give you some Pro level help, and just bump up when you renew in a month.

First thing, fill our http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites, with the amin URL and login (no need for phpMayAdmin or ftp). It'll make more sense when I can see the form.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back