replace uploaded file name with icon in detail view

It is an element that does not show in the list, however I would like to replace the file name with an icon only in the detail view.

Last edited:
Go to the element settings , then List view settings -> Icons, choose replace with icons "Yes" and enter the image file name without extension to the Static icon file field.
It's a setting under list view, but it will replace the file name with icon also in detail view.

Already tried, unfortunately in this way in the detail view the file name is not replaced by the icon ...

Damn, was quite sure it worked some time ago. Anyway, you can to do it also with CSS in your template custom.css file. This is just an example:

Code:
a.download-archive {
  background: url("../../../../../../images/myimage.png") no-repeat left top!important;
  display: block;
  font-size: 0px;
  width: 28px;
  height: 28px;
}

In this example image should be located in joomla_root/images. Adjust the rest (possibly the css selector) to meet your needs.

Thanks so much.
I modified a bit because with your solution I no longer had the link ..

Here is the solution to the problem:

div#(list)___(element)_ro.fabrikElementReadOnly {
display: block;
background: url(/.../images/myimage.png) no-repeat;
width: 21px;
height: 21px;
overflow: hidden;
}

div#(list)___(element)_ro.fabrikElementReadOnly a.download-archive.fabrik-filetype-pdf {
color: transparent;
}

Replace with icon should still work in details view, although I've been doing some work in the upload element of late, possible I may have broken it. I'll take a look next time I'm working on a site which needs the feature.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back