Pre Filter Raw Not Showing

bclayton

When I try to create a list pre filter, I am not able to choose the raw file. I have searched this forum and Google and have not found an answer that will allow me to choose a raw file. My element is named CustID and I am trying to link that to the logged in user id, which matches the CustID in the records using {$my->id}. It appears that the list of options only shows the labels.

It seems that this issue has caused problems for folks in the past and it sure has me stumped. I am using Joomla 3.9.1 and Fabrik 3.9. PHP is 7.1.

Can someone point me to info that would solve this issue? Thanks!

What element type is CustID?

I presume by "choose the raw file" you mean selecting from the "Field" dropdown in the prefilter dialog?

In that dropdown, you only get the "(raw)" option for element types that have a concept of values and labels - like joins, dropdowns, etc. You won't get a raw option for other element types that don't have that distinction. So, say, simple 'field' elements won't have a raw, because there is no difference between the raw and non raw value. Whereas for (say) a dropdown or join element, the non-raw would be the label ("Blue" or "Chicago"), and the raw would be the value ("3" or "157").

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for your help! The information gives me a clearer understanding of how this great program works. Yes, I am referring to the "Field" dropdown. The CustID is a "field" type in the Plugin box and text input. Should it be something else?

Hugh,

I solved my problem. Fabrik prefilter works fine, the problem was with my logic. I mistakenly thought that the Joomla login set the "id" field to the value of "Account Login". I now realize that Login value is actually saved as "username". Once I changed the value in the prefilter from "id" to "username", it works as it should.

Thanks again for your help and Happy New Year!

Brooks

Hi,
I just realized that a dropdown element (which is using the concept of value and label) has no 'raw' value in 'pre filter' is it a normal behavior ?
Thanks.
Nicolas

Hi,

I confirm that there is no "raw" option on pre-filter at least for databasejoin elements. So filtering by raw value is not possible.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back