• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

3.9.1 update problem

RobertG

Hi,

I just updated to the 3.9.1 version of Fabrik (from extensions management) and can't update total element with this message
JInstaller: :Install: File does not exist /home/www/sitestests/fabrik/tmp/install_5ece156f24f96/sql
Plugin Update: Could not copy files from the source.
Same problem when I tried to install (instead of update) the zip file for total element.

Confirmed.
"Total" is a new element from the GitHub version, it seems there's a bug in the install file.
I'll point it to @cheesegrits .

At the moment you are fine with the old version, there's no code change since 11 months.

More serious: unable to connect database.
All data for it are correct, the site works, the connection test fails in "connections"

I needed to change password in this database settings

For total element, I deleted the line "<folder>sql</folder> in the zip and installed. I will test...

Last edited:
I can't replicate.

Are you running a site copy for testing?
In this case you always must open and resave the Fabrik connection (with the correct password) to have it pointing to your new Joomla database.

I don't know what happened.
I'm working on a test site and updated it this morning.
After update I opened an element to change JS, then I tried to save and got the error "can't connect".
I opened the "connection" tab and tested the connection with the same error. I needed to add the password for the database and it works now.

I'm working on a test site
Yup.
If you copy a site the Fabrik connection entry has still the DB params of your original site (so you always must open/resave it once).
If you open the connection Fabrik can get the DB name and user from the Joomla DB but can't know the (encryped) password, so you have to add it manually.

Yes troester I had this problem many times ago with a clone of this test site.
Here, it was the same site where I worked without problems (and the first one I used to test Fabrik). It's why I say I don't understand why the password was not recognized after update of Fabrik.

How old was the site you updated?

We did change the encryption method used for the connection passwords at some point, but that was quite some time ago.

-- hugh

Hi cheesegrits,

It was a Github version downloaded on may 7.
I installed this test site at the end of march with a 3.9 version of Fabrik, then updated with Github files.

Why not to use the main password (in configuration.php) when Fabrik is using the same database as the website?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back