• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. D

Fabrik.addEvent fabrik.form.group.duplicate.end

Hello I use this event in form_x.js to trigger an event which populates labels after a function has inserted repeat groups. It works great. However when the user saves the record and then reopens it for editing the 'fabrik.form.group.duplicate.end' does not fire. I assume this is because...
  2. D

Custom tab index on repeat group

Is there a way to modify the tab index on a repeating group. The functionality I would like to see is that if fieldA_0 has focus and tab key is pressed then focus moves to fieldA_1, fieldA_2 and so on, if there is no further repeats I'd like focus to move to the next element on the top row eg...
  3. D

Help with javascript for multiple Database join elements rendered as checkbox

I have 5 database join elements rendered as checkboxes. Selection A Selection B Selection C Selection D Selection X They all select the same data (an ID) from another table with a Where clause ordering the results. The user is able to place a check in boxes A,B,C,D and if needed in X. However...
  4. D

add repeat with JS

Hello I have created a form with a repeat group, the add and remove buttons are hidden in CSS. I would like to create my own add repeat button. I have this function in form_X.js function addGroup(formRef, groupId) { var form = Fabrik.blocks[formRef]; // Create mock event var btn =...
  5. D

Ajax update element on main form from pop up

Hello I have a pop up form where a users enters data, upon submission of the pop up, I would like to run an ajax update on an element on the main form. I already have the ajax update function on my main form, but I don't know how to call it on submission of the pop up?
  6. D

Fabrik Custom template Help

Hope someone with more experience than me can help this amateur. I am trying to create a custom template. I have a form with several tabs on it. On one of these tabs there are 24 elements. For the 5th,10th,15th and 20th element I want to change the table heading to span 4 elements. Then I...
  7. D

Repeat group with table template layout

I have a repeat group with several elements, their labels are displayed above the columns. 4 of these elements are similar in description and would look better if they had just one label that was as wide as the 4 columns. Is there a way to achieve this?
  8. D

Custom CSS help with rationalizing

Hello everyone, I have this CSS in my custom file. Can anyone show me a better way of writing it? td.fb_el_tbl_inspections_95_repeat___ta_0_0,td.fb_el_tbl_inspections_95_repeat___ta_2_0{width: 0px !important} td.fb_el_tbl_inspections_95_repeat___ta_3_0 {width: 80px !important}...
  9. D

JavaScript window class causing page refresh

Hello I hope someone can help me out. I have created a form "form 1" with a button to open a new form "form 2" in a pop up using the code below in form_X.js. function recordFault(el){ var strUrl = 'index.php?Itemid=&option=com_fabrik&task=form.view&formid=43'; var windowTitle ="Record Fault"...
  10. D

Passing parameters to Content plugin in outro of a form

Hello I have a form content plugin in the footer of a form {fabrik view=form id=43 rowid=myValue} The form is form is in a div which is hidden. I would like to pass a rowid to this content plugin, preferably using form_X.js and then make it visible. Is it possible to pass the rowid...
  11. D

Form in outro with repeat group save error

Strange this. I placed form B in the outro of form A. Form B has a repeat group. With only one repeat group open form B saves correctly as expected when save button on form B is clicked. But with multiple groups open, the spinner displays briefly but the record does not save at all. If I...
  12. D

Hide form in outro

Hello I have a form in the outro of another form and I want to be able to hide or display it. I have tried hiding the group on the form, but it leaves the form itself. Is there a way to hide either the form or outro? Thanks
  13. D

Bootstrap Tabs Custom CSS set element width and height

Hello I have a form with a repeat group on a tab it has 12 field elements and several display elements. The repeat group is set to 'table layout'. I wish to change the width and height of all the field elements. But no matter what I seem to try I can't hit on the correct code.
  14. D

Query database and dynamically create repeat groups

Hello I am trying to dynamically set the number of repeat groups when a form loads. But I want query the database to find out how many repeats are needed. I am using this code which works great, I feel I need to dynamically change the value of howManyRepeats. requirejs(['fab/fabrik']...
  15. D

Hiding elements

Hello I have a tabbed form, on one of these tabs are repeat groups. There are four field elements in the repeat group house_boat_93_repeat___fore_aft_centre_a house_boat_93_repeat___fore_aft_centre_b house_boat_93_repeat___fore_aft_centre_c house_boat_93_repeat___fore_aft_centre_d I want to...
  16. D

IsUniqueValue and AreUniqueValues validations

I have a list of Customers who each have multiple Depots. I use a form with a Database join and repeat groups to allow multiple depots for each customer. I want to allow only unique depot names for each customer, but differing Customers could have matching Depot names. I assumed I could use...
  17. D

List view settings/ filters display

Hello I have set up 3 element filters to filter a list. They work great. They are displayed vertically one above the other, is it possible to display them horizontally?
  18. D

Change tooltip between list view and form view

I have a tooltip that I would like to have a different message between list and form view. I am putting this in the Publishing/Tip Text and setting eval to Yes. if ('{placeholder to test}') { return 'This is a list'; } else { return 'This is a form'; } I'm not sure what value to test ?
  19. D

Order by in Database join

I am trying to order a list of numbers in a database join element. I am using the data where tab. my list of numbers is 1,5,9,11,22 and I would like them ordered in that order. If I order by the number itself I get 1,11,22,5,9. How do I achieve this please?
  20. D

Displaying a list within a form

I am displaying a list of 'club members comments' within the footer of a form by placing this {fabrik view=list id=8 showfilters=0} in the footer and setting 'process joomla plugin'. This displays the full list of comments for every club member. I have an databasejoin element in the form...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back