Search results

1. J

Creating a list on a view

A few years ago, I had a problem creating lists from views, getting error 1347 “...is not BASE TABLE”. I found a forum post indicating the problem was solved, but giving a work-around in case it reappeared. Applying the work-around solved my problem and I used it several times. Some time later...
  2. J

List element heading label from data

I am trying to create a list to display a table of data, basing it on an SQL view. There are many data fields, far too many to display in a sensible number of columns, so the view will select a small set, controlled by other data; the list will have as many elements as the view selects. Each...
  3. J

fileupload element filename cleaning

If a file whose name contains non-alphanumeric characters (e.g. space or %) is selected, its name is shown as is with no changes, even though Clean Filename is set to Yes. On saving the message, “File type not allowed” is shown below the element name, the filename is replaced by “No file...
  4. J

fileupload element Allowed File Types

In the fileupload element, “Details | Options | Allowed File Types” has the tip: Leave blank for Joomla's Media Manager default file types, otherwise provide a comma separated list - e.g. jpg,gif. This field is used to validate the files after upload and if you are NOT using device capture also...
  5. J

List pagination controls colours

In all my lists, the Pagination control has a white background and black text, except for the active item, which has a very dark blue background also with black text, so the text is unreadable. As far as I know (having removed some unintentional overrides) there are no CSS changes from default...
  6. J

List filters anomaly

While checking and tidying some lists, I found two that had no user controlled filters, but nonetheless showed a “Clear filters” button (without a “Filters” button). The lists had non-default settings in “Details | Filters”, including “No” in “Details | Filters | Filters”; it is probable that...
  7. J

Overriding styling of list filters

I have added some filters to a list, which was easy and worked straight away. There is just one problem; the filter select boxes are right justified in the columns, whereas the fields of the records below are left justified. It would look better (to my eyes) if the filter boxes were left...
  8. J

Problem with dropdown display in list after Delta upgrade

I have just done an upgrade to J4.3.3/F4Delta from J4.2.9/F4Gamma3. Although most things work as expected, I have one problem. In each of two lists, a dropdown element now displays its value instead of its text. The elements display correctly in the associated forms. In each case the list data...
  9. J

Cascadingdropdown list order

I am using a cascadingdropdown element configured as a checkbox list. The list items appear in alphabetical order. I want to control the order, but can find no way of doing so. The list used for the cascadingdropdown's data is based on a view, so I can easily change the record order of that, but...
  10. J

Unwanted list heading buttons when Hide checkbox selected

I have a number of lists in which I need to prevent multi-row deletion and also multi-row plugin operations. This is easily done by selecting “Hide checkbox” in the Details:Links section of the form design. Unfortunately, the delete and other plugin buttons still appear in the list heading...
  11. J

Problems with Can Edit Row and Can Delete Row list plugins

If I set the options for Element, Operator and Value, the plugins work as expected. However, doing it that way overrides the list's ACLs and I only want to use the element value to prohibit editing and deleting of the record and to leave enabling them to the ACLs. I added PHP (eval) code based...
  12. J

Hiding individual record edit buttons in a list

I have a list in which I wish to hide the edit and delete buttons for some records, depending on the value of one of the elements. I know how to hide a button for all records and how to change, for example, the colour of an element in individual records depending on the value of another element...
  13. J

CDD element value displayed does not change after update() call

I have a CDD element, configured as a dropdown, the value of which is changed by a JS element.update() call. The debugger shows that the update is successful and that the element has the new value, but the value displayed in the form does not change. Elements have both element.value and...
  14. J

Problems with hide()

I have a form with several groups which are shown or hidden by JS triggered by button clicks. Once a group is shown, calling hide() for it does nothing. The debugger shows the group’s attributes[2] property to be style="display: block;" when shown and style=";display:none;" when hidden. A call...
  15. J

Deleting record from list; Loading… spinner does not clear; no page refresh

I have a list based on a view and use the php_events onDeleteRows method to perform the required database update, returning false (to prevent any attempt to delete from the view). When the record’s delete icon is clicked, a Loading… spinner appears and remains indefinitely - until the page is...
  16. J

$model null in list php_events plugins

After the problem with $formModel null in form onBeforeProcess plugins was sorted out, I found that there was a similar problem with deleting records from a list. For this, I use onDeleteRows in the php_events plugin. After a bit of investigation, I changed...
  17. J

$formModel null in form onBeforeProcess plugins

I am converting a site from Fabrik3 to Fabrik4 and most of it is working well, but I have a problem with several forms’ onBeforeProcess plugins. In them, I use $formModel to make various getElementData and getRowId calls. This works in Fabrik3, but in Fabrik4, $formModel is null. Should it be...
  18. J

Missing plug-ins List:php_events and Validationrule:regex

I am in the process of updating a fairly large development site to Fabrik4, but two plug-ins used are not available yet. Emboldened by my success in updating the button element that I also needed, I decided to have a go myself. They are not very complicated and the results seem to be successful...
  19. J

Reading a cascadingdropdown's value in Javascript

A while ago I was having problems with setting values in CDDs using default eval code. A post on the subject got no response and I continued to investigate. I was also setting values in CDDs using JS, which was easier to investigate using the debugger. After much tracing, including through a lot...
  20. J

cascadingdropdown default eval problem

I have several cascadingdropdowns (configured as check-boxes) on a form. When displaying an existing record they show the correct selections of checkmarks. For a new record, each has default eval code to generate a required selection of checkmarks initially. JDump shows that this generates...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back