501 Error when changing sort order with CCDD element

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregwong

I want to change the default sort order of a CCDD element with a concat label. I have typed ORDER BY `elementname` DESC in SQL of a DBJ element and it works fine, but I get an 501 error when I put in the Where query of a CCDD element. What is the correct syntax and where should I put it? Thanks!

Attachments

• 501error.jpg
    501error.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 220
I think you'll need to add a "dummy" WHERE clause. As the tooltip and label says, it's a WHERE query. So we expect the syntax to be a WHERE clause. So try:

1=1 ORDER BY {thistable}.whatever ASC

BTW, it's always safest to include that {thistable} as the table name, which we then replace with whatever alias we are using for that instance of the joined table name, as it avoids potential field name conflicts.

-- hugh

BTW, let me know if this trick still works (I know it used to, I've done it many times). If not, a) I'll fix things so it does, and b) add a note in the tooltip about it.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Did what you have instructed, same error.

501 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '}.details DESC' at line 3 SQL=SELECT DISTINCT(`1services`.`date_time`) AS value, CONCAT(1services.date_time, ' - ', REF, ' - ', description)AS text FROM `1services` AS `1services` WHERE guide = '' AND 1=1 ORDER BY {1expenses_56_repeat}.details DESC

Attachments

• 501error_2.jpg
    501error_2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 167
I think you replaced:

Code:
{thistable}
with

Code:
{1exepenses_56_repeat}

If so then replace "{1exepenses_56_repeat}" with "{thistable}", when we build the query we replace that with the current table alais that the element join is using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back