A plugin-element can modify another element? fulltext - Apache Tika

taly

I am trying to implement an OCR text extraction plugin. I saw the option of the PHP-form plugin where you add a script to do some functionalities but, this is only a temporary and drive base solution to a specific form of a known element name and such.

I want to when you have a file upload element I can extract the content or metadata of it and store in an element on the database table. From my understanding, a plugin element is linked to a specific element.
How would I proceed to handle this problem?

Till now I am using a script using the PHP form plugin that calls apache-tika app and store in a previously created textarea element.

Does it exist in development or a plan to do an OCR/text extraction from file plugin?

Nope, no plans to do that. It'd be a lot of work, and you are the only person I can ever recall asking for this feature, so no ROI for us investing that time.

A custom form plugin would be the way to go. In the settings, provide options to select the upload and textarea elements to use. There are plenty of examples of form plugins that require users to select various elements that the form plugin "does stuff" with.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back