• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Accesing values of a cascade element

rtorres

Hi!

Im working on the google map element and i need to "geocode" the address that the user selects from a cascade dropdown, but how can i Access the value of the selected dropdown(cascade element)?

what I need to do is:
the user selects from a dropdown a site(from another table).. then all the cascading elements "get" the information and display it. in those fields, the address is shown

then with that information the geocode button would have to try to locate that "place" then the user manually select the correct address (the user needs to do this manually since some addresses are not well pinpointed)....... but I cannot assign those elements to the GoogleMap "elements" since the cascading element only saves the KEY or ID and not the string that the cascade element shows..

So Im trying to get the "string" or "value" of the cascading elements but i havent found how to access it, And so far Im only able to get the ID of the related record...

so far
in a calc element:

$datos = Fabrik.getBlock('form_1').formElement.get('inventario___direccion_1').label;
return $datos;

Wont work error: 0 Call to undefined function getBlock()

Yup, that's a known issue (geocoding from joins). I've looked at solutions before, and have some experimental code in the map element I was playing with a while back. I'll take an there look.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back