Access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanl

Hi

First time working with new Fabrik version, latest update. Created my first list and when I click on the Edit button I get a message saying I don't have access to edit. I am super admin and edit list set to "special".

Please advise.

Strange.
Is this a migrated list from Fabrik2?

Edit button?
Edit a list record or edit the list itself in backend?

Hello

No. I redid our webiste on a new install and installed Fabrik from scratch. I just created the 1st list (three field elements) and that is what I get when I want to edit.... no access.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hmm
List, form published?
Do you have a custom edit link?
Is it trying to edit the correct record (check URL parameters)?
Any SEF on/off (turn off for testing)?

Troester, it is definately an access issue. If I make all access options "Public", it works correct. As soon as I change anything to non-public, I get this error. Any suggestions?

Is it working with "ajaxfy links"=no?
Your popup is looking strange: login + search? it should show only the form.
Is it a normal list called via menu item? or content plugin? or list module?

Are you running a recent GitHub version?

Hello Troester

I am running the latest Github update yes. I call up the list via a menu item yes. I have turned off the "ajaxify" function and now it does seem to work. Should I leave it as is, or is there some underlying error in your opinion that is causing the issue with the ajax function?

Oh, and thank you as always for your excellent service.

I can't replicate the access issue (no difference in my case with ajaxfy links yes or no).
No idea; is it with all lists? Joomla cache?

I can replicate the "strange" popup: it's displaying the whole page not only content if there's an error message (with I think is a minor bug).

OK, I guess I don't need the ajaxify?

I only have one small list. I need to create a whole lot but want to resolve the issues first. I just encountered this when trying to upload a small image:
DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (Y-m-d H:i:s) at position 1 (-): Unexpected character

I just unpublished the default time element and the above error was resolved. What should the correct time format string be?

Did you set any format? In Fabrik3.0 date_time default is%Y-%m-%d %H:%M, Y-m-d H:i:s is Fabrik3.1

upload: fileupload element? (ajaxfied or standard)?

Strange things are going on on your site.
Are you running Joomla2.5 with Fabrik3.0.8 and GitHub "master.zip" update?

Hello

Yes indeed some strange things, but I think I have them all sorted out noe, just the default date format was showing a strange string by default.

Thank you for your kind assistance. I am new to the new version of Fabrik, so I will need some random assistance to get the hang of it... ;-)

Oh, in the previous version there was an "enable big selects" option. Can you tell me where I will find this in the new version?

Hi Jeanl

In J3 it can be found here

Fabrik >> Options (Button at top of the page) >> Global tab

Also with regards to your access problem - whilst you are at the options page look in the list tab and see what the dropdown "Alter field types". If it set to anything but yes, try setting it to yes and then see if the problem is solved (Once you have published the offending element)

Hi Mark

Thank you so much. I found the options and set it as per your instructions, and seems like all is well now. I appreciate your kind assistance very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back