Access Element

achartier

Administrator
Staff member
Rob/Hugh,

Is this element likely to stick around? I understand it is deprecated but it serves a purpose for me that the Usergroup element does not.

Thanks.

Hi

It will be replaced with the viewlevel user plugin which i think contains the same information. If you could confirm that that would be useful

Cheers
Rob

Hi

It will be replaced with the viewlevel user plugin which i think contains the same information. If you could confirm that that would be useful

Cheers
Rob
Sorry, I forgot to subscribe to this so missed your response until now.

Not sure what the intent of the viewlevel plugin is but my requirement is to allow the user to select the group to perform some action upon. In my case it is a mass mail function, the creator of the mail selects the group that the mail should go to. In my form submission email plugin I have some php code which pulls all the users that belong to this group and places their email addresses in the BCC field.

If the viewlevel plugin will give me the same info then it works for me.

for that you would use the usergroup element then.

Viewlevel is for selecting things like public, registered, admin , where as usergroup is for selecting author, manager admin etc

The problem I have with the current usergroup element is it renders as a big long list of checkboxes. The access element renders as a select list and the user can select only one.

Currently the access element lists the defined groups, if viewlevel will do the same then it would work better for me than the usergroup element.

With viewlevel, will I be able to restrict (optionally) the displayed groups to only those groups the user belongs to?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back