ACL questions

is it possible to restrict hitting the edit button from the list view in the frontend
The caneditrow should hide the edit button.

To your php code in general:
you can put
var_dump($your-variable1,$your-varialbe2);exit;
anywhere in your code to see if you get the right values.

OK, I'm confused. You confirmed Rob's description of what you are trying to do, but that doesn't now seem to be what you are trying to do.

In my original attempt at coding this, I said:

So this will return 'true' only if the user is in the Special access level, or if the date of that row is more recent than either "the ninth of this month" or "the ninth of last month", depending if the date right now is before or after the ninth.

If that isn't a correct summary, can you give me an exact explanation of the logic, and how it relates to your start/finish date on the form.

BTW, you don't need this plugin twice, only once. And you don't need to specify the date element in the dropdown. All the logic is handled in the PHP, and it only needs one instance of the plugin.

We just need to nail down the logic, so we can give you the right code.

I'm pretty sure the code I first gave you should work, if you correctly substitute the full element name. i just noticed in your screenshot of your version of the code I gave you, you are using a short element name, without the tablename___ prefix.

-- hugh

OK, I'm confused. You confirmed Rob's description of what you are trying to do, but that doesn't now seem to be what you are trying to do.

In my original attempt at coding this, I said:

So this will return 'true' only if the user is in the Special access level, or if the date of that row is more recent than either "the ninth of this month" or "the ninth of last month", depending if the date right now is before or after the ninth.

If that isn't a correct summary, can you give me an exact explanation of the logic, and how it relates to your start/finish date on the form.

BTW, you don't need this plugin twice, only once. And you don't need to specify the date element in the dropdown. All the logic is handled in the PHP, and it only needs one instance of the plugin.

We just need to nail down the logic, so we can give you the right code.

I'm pretty sure the code I first gave you should work, if you correctly substitute the full element name. i just noticed in your screenshot of your version of the code I gave you, you are using a short element name, without the tablename___ prefix.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back