Autofill Error

Joe Wall

Hi

I recently installed 3.0.6 version of fabrik and have 500 Invalid controller: name='plugin', command='json' error with autofill.

The following may be of help in tracking the problem:

Installed plugin details are (note is also enabled in extensions manager):

Details
Fabrik Form - autofill
Status - enabled
Access - public
Ordering - 0. Fabrik Form - vBulletin forum
Plug-in Type - fabrik_form
Plug-in File - autofill
ID - 10248
Description
Observes a specified field and looks up first matching record with the same data, then asks if you want to pre-fill in the form with that data​

Any advice would be much appreciated

--Joe

Hi - thanks for taking an interest

Attached - it is a simple one to a flat table and was working fine.

I have now changed it to a databasejoin as there seem to have been numerous problems with autofill for months

Regards
--Joe

Attachments

• Autofill.png
    Autofill.png
    38 KB · Views: 331
The snapshot you have attached show that the auto-fill plugin is not published. If it is so, then set it to published.

Hi

It was set as unpublished only after and because of the error it was causing. As I said I have now replaced it with a databasejoin element.

I intend to avoid using autofill until a reliable tested version becomes available.

I posted the thread as there is clearly a serious problem with it that needs sorting
--Joe

Simple usage cases of autofill (not in a repeat group, and not using "add option on front end" in combination with the watched join element) are working fine for me, on three of my test forms.

As PKJ asked, is you "Member" element a join element, and is the value (key) it stores the PK (primary key) of the table it links to?

Also, is the "Members" list you have selected in the List dropdown the List that uses the 'golf_members' table you are referring to in the 'from' side of your data map? I'm assuming it is, just checking.

-- hugh

BTW, do you have SEF enabled, and if so is it the standard J! SEF or a 3rd party components?

Two of my tests are for different configurations of standard J! SEF (with and without htaccess), but I don't have any tests for any 3rd party SEF's like sh404sef or similar.

-- hugh

Hi

The "Member" element is a join element, and the value (key) it stores is the PK (primary key) of the table it links to - the standard id element created by Fabrik when Members table was set up.

However, I think I am using what you referred to as "add option on front end" in combination with the watched join element. The form I have created for signing into a competition has the Members name as a dropdown (this is from the database join with table set as golf_members, value as id and label as name. Members can choose their name off the dropdown and the idea was that autofill would fill a field element with the Handicap that is also in the golf_members table.

I do have the standard J! SEF enabled

Also may be relevant is that on the same form there is also another databasejoin element set to return a dropdown of competitions with a where set date = current date so it limits entries in that dropdown to just the competitions happening on that date. In combination these allow the member to sign-in (by saving the form) to that competition which they must do before going out to play the round of golf.

The strange thing is this was all working with autofill until the recent github update. Maybe that was luck or something else I added / changed in the site caused it to fail. Whatever, I have changed the autofill to a cascading dropdown which is working fine for my needs.

I am on holiday soon but when I return I should have the site online - around mid-September and would appreciate any comments so will let you have a link - then I am sure it will make providing support a lot easier for you.

I think I should close this thread as my issue is resolved - that OK with you?

Thanks for your help and for creating and developing the great Fabrik

--Joe

Sure, close it for now, just shout when you get back and have some time to look at getting the autofill working again. We do seem to have issues when the 'watched element' is a join with the 'add on front end' option enabled, something to do with the JS event handling, so I suspect that is probably the problem. I'll be having a go at fixing that soon.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back